SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In today's edition of "Attempting to rob the wrong person"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In today's edition of "Attempting to rob the wrong person" Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably add “Check for cauliflower ears” to his victim selection list.

Posts: 9029 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Even without the BJJ that doesn't look like a guy to mess with.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16951 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
This is one of those rare instances where the universe just works out perfectly. Big Grin

BJJ rankings are very different from Americanized traditional martial arts where 11 year old kids have black belts.

Posts: 13313 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember Matt Serra doing something similar a few years ago.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E-4I8H1PRd8

Posts: 4010 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to an interview with the BJJ guy that goes into detail on how it went down.

https://youtu.be/JK-dcTRlSHs?si=6EFGb6uaFXk0IL1A

Posts: 12583 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Probably add “Check for cauliflower ears” to his victim selection list.

This goes right along with,
“Don’t mess with the guy who looks like ‘Junkyard Dog’ is his side gig.”
Like Vince Papale:

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3887 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Why he wasn't beaten to a bloody pulp too is beyond me.
Probably was lying about his kids and just wanted to shoot up.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39874 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Guy sounded possessed by demons.

Plenty of room for a few extra shots for good measure. Maybe hard thumb pressure to the pec tie-in armpit junction for 30 second intervals.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 7029 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
The man has just arrived in a foreign country. Excessive force would have been a bad idea, especially since people around the altercation were recording it.

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Probably was lying about his kids and just wanted to shoot up.

That's one of the beauties of BJJ. You can subdue a person without it being devastating, unless the individual chooses to take it that far. So the chances of being sued, or jailed, are greatly minimized.

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:

That's one of the beauties of BJJ. You can subdue a person without it being devastating, unless the individual chooses to take it that far. So the chances of being sued, or jailed, are greatly minimized.

Exactly. JJ/BJJ I have heard described as the art of folding clothes while your opponent is still wearing them, or involuntary yoga. Not as flashy as boxing/kickboxing, but your opponent is typically less bloody when the authorities do arrive to arrest the winner instead of the perp.

Posts: 2059 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
Exactly. JJ/BJJ I have heard described as the art of folding clothes while your opponent is still wearing them, or involuntary yoga. Not as flashy as boxing/kickboxing, but your opponent is typically less bloody when the authorities do arrive to arrest the winner instead of the perp.

Hahaha- That's pretty good. I have never heard that description, but I like it.

Make no mistake, you can put someone to sleep, like the guy did in this video, which is fairly gentle once you get them into position(You can also put them to sleep permanently if you are not careful), you can snap their elbow joint, rip their shoulder out of socket, break the tendons in their feet, etc. But you can also get them into a position where they know if they struggle bad things are going to happen, so it becomes their choice.

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Even without the BJJ that doesn't look like a guy to mess with.

Absolutely.

One look at this guy and you can tell he's not an easy mark. Masterful job by the "victim."

Perp's victim selection process was jacked up before it even began. Gotta live with that decision now & own it. He chose...poorly.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post