SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fight climate change? deflate SUV tires
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fight climate change? deflate SUV tires Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
"So here's what we do: Wedge gravel in the tire valves, leaflet the SUV to let them know the tires are flat and why it was done, and walk away.

It's that simple. If we organize, we can hit enough SUVs in particular neighborhoods to spark reporting and spread the metameme."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/en...target-wealthy-areas

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Likely only a few zealots in a greenie area would attempt. The article seems more for regular people to get their dander up.

Nowhere I go would I ever expect such foolishness.

Posts: 6161 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
It would seem the most prone areas this might happen are large university campuses or an occasional mall. One wonders how Amazon management would react.

BTW, whats the cost of refilling tires inflated with nitrogen? This might cross over into a felony in some areas.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
Likely only a few zealots in a greenie area would attempt. The article seems more for regular people to get their dander up.

No where I go would I ever expect such foolishness.

BUT HOW ELSE WILL THEY GET YOU TO READ THEIR SITE AND CLICK THEIR LINKS?!?!?!

AREN’T YOU UPSET?!? KEEP SCROLLING AND CLICKING AND SCROLLING AND CLICKING!!!

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Times like these call for Rainbow 6

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Hard to take idiocy like this seriously, but if some poor libtard millennial attempts this, they might find that they themselves will get deflated.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Hard to take idiocy like this seriously, but if some poor libtard millennial attempts this, they might find that they themselves will get deflated.

And a few deflated libtards probably isn’t a bad thing. Hehe

P229 Enhanced Elite
P229R
P229

Posts: 60 | Location: Ga | Registered: August 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
BUT HOW ELSE WILL THEY GET YOU TO READ THEIR SITE AND CLICK THEIR LINKS?!?!?!

AREN’T YOU UPSET?!? KEEP SCROLLING AND CLICKING AND SCROLLING AND CLICKING!!!

Don't forget to look at the ads. All the ads. Click those too.

A little retail therapy will help you cope with all those strong emotions they're manipulating you into generating.

And leave an angry comment at the bottom of the articles so they know it's working.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Yes, undoubtedly click bait. However, I'm sure that there are some yutes out there who will take it seriously, and actually implement "the plan." Now where can I buy a fake EV sticker?

Answered by Google: there are a number of these on Etsy, including "I identify as a Tesla," None look authentic enough to fool even a brain-dead millenial.

Posts: 6474 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Is it wrong that my first thought was, “Oh goody, I can’t wait for the article (with pictures like the Ventura County burglar the other day) about the first time some idiot who “answers the call” gets caught letting air out of the wrong SUV tires.”

Of course, my second thought was what ever happened to “You do you, Boo.”? I’d think that President Potato’s impact on gas prices would do more to get rid of SUV than any number of idiots letting air out of tires…

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
In some places that activity might get one ventilated.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

In some places that activity might get one ventilated.
Or thoroughly beaten.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I’ll drop this here…

https://youtu.be/3F6-P9GCTQw

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Touching 'my' truck would be a very bad idea for anyone considering it. Nuff said.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tirod:

BTW, whats the cost of refilling tires inflated with nitrogen? This might cross over into a felony in some areas.
I don't know what tire shops charge , but Nitrogen is dirt cheap .

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
At least with the inevitable instagram/tik tok post it will be easy to find and prosecute the assholes.

Posts: 6474 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
Yes, undoubtedly click bait. However, I'm sure that there are some yutes out there who will take it seriously, and actually implement "the plan." Now where can I buy a fake EV sticker?

Answered by Google: there are a number of these on Etsy, including "I identify as a Tesla," None look authentic enough to fool even a brain-dead millenial.

If your model car has an EV or some sort of alternative fuel vehicle you can just order the OEM badge through a dealer, on ebay or some other third party auto parts site like Rock Auto.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post