SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What item once you get a taste of the luxury version, means you can't go back to the economy version?
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What item once you get a taste of the luxury version, means you can't go back to the economy version? Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Everything!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Beer.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
Not necessarily luxury but tomatoes and corn at peak ripeness and fresh picked. The tomatoes and corn that my grandfather grew have ruined me for life.

P220 Smudge has it with Tillamook Cheddar, awesome . I have only had one better at a little farm north of Watkins Glen. They called it Triple X, it was the cheddar of the gods. Tillamook comes close.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 718 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
toilet paper, that is good quality and the original width. It's the only reason I keep my Costco membership.

Ice cream- can't eat the cheap stuff, it's Haagan Daz or better.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Coffee

After getting freshly roasted beans from a local place here and grinding them myself for each pot I can’t stand the taste of store bought stuff anymore.

Posts: 685 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

Ice cream- can't eat the cheap stuff, it's Haagan Daz or better.
If you haven't tried Publix Premium, you're missing some really good stuff!

The half-gallon container actually has 64 oz., instead of the usual down-sized "half gallon" of most other brands, it is frequently on sale for $3.50 / half-gallon (!), and is probably the best tasting store-bought ice cream I have found. Especially The One True Flavor -- MAPLE WALNUT!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
toilet paper, that is good quality and the original width. It's the only reason I keep my Costco membership.

When daughter was in high school we somehow ended up with some “lesser” TP. After a few days she asked her mom if something had happened and we were poor now?

Apparently that was her lead indicator for her friend’s family status.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
TP
Power tools
Hand tools
Bed Sheets

I could go on but everything's covered in earlier posts.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Specifically, chocolate milkshakes. I cannot stand when I taste a milkshake that started with vanilla ice cream and they had some kind of cocoa powder or chocolate syrup to make it a “chocolate“ milkshake. Chocolate milkshake needs to start from chocolate ice cream.

Posts: 2016 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non Nobis Solum
posted Hide Post
Shoes/boots
Socks
Toilet paper
Briefcases/leather goods
Knives

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 3617 | Location: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: May 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
Specifically, chocolate milkshakes. I cannot stand when I taste a milkshake that started with vanilla ice cream and they had some kind of cocoa powder or chocolate syrup to make it a “chocolate“ milkshake. Chocolate milkshake needs to start from chocolate ice cream.
ABSOLUTELY!

Better yet, of course, is mocha milkshake with coffee ice cream and chocolate syrup.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
A couple years ago at the Blade show in Atlanta, I was having dinner with the Busse crew at their customer appreciation dinner. One guy broke out a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle, and I got a taste of the REALLY good stuff. Regular bourbon just doesn't cut it anymore.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
For canned peas:

> any other canned

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
940 ft\lbs of torque when pulling 15,000lbs.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5754 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Red Breast Irish Whiskey. Martin D27s and D35s. I’ve played a better one (Collings) but can’t justify the cost.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by italia:
Audio equipment

somewhat agree, but once your ears are shot, it just doesn't matter as much.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An afternoon of peace and quiet has got to be up there somewhere

Posts: 958 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bourbon!!

Posts: 6622 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Definitely flying/traveling for me. I will do anything now to maintain at minimum a Platinum status with Delta. In that same light, it's also why I now and will for the foreseeable future always carry an Amex Platinum card.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Lots of earlier things, I agree with.

For those of us, who have to write things down, for a living:

A custom fountain pen, good ink, and paper. Far less fatiguing to use, with improved legibility.

From when I was young, and stupid - a high-quality weightlifting bar, tuned to the type of lifts.

(Once you use an Eleiko or a top-end York, it was hard to go back to a Texas Power bar.)

Posts: 5740 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post