SIGforum
SECNAV Spencer visits Afghanistan - carries a Beretta while there...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/6370064534

January 01, 2018, 05:22 AM
4MUL8R
SECNAV Spencer visits Afghanistan - carries a Beretta while there...
Who is the gentleman with the black pants, black shirt, and a woodland camo jacket covering a pistol at his right hip?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...
January 01, 2018, 05:51 AM
ARman
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Who is the gentleman with the black pants, black shirt, and a woodland camo jacket covering a pistol at his right hip?

Probably Domestic Security Service or something like that. They protect dignitaries, diplomat and people like that, or might be part of the Marine Security Guard/Embassy detail.

ARman
January 01, 2018, 06:16 AM
HayesGreener
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
quote:

Probably Domestic Security Service or something like that. They protect dignitaries, diplomat and people like that, or might be part of the Marine Security Guard/Embassy detail.

ARman

Don't know if that's who is pictured but NCIS Special Agents provide close personal protection to the SECNAV.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)
January 01, 2018, 05:12 PM
Tuckerrnr1
You’re right snowflakes, there’s no reason for a senior US civilian politician to be carrying a firearm, especially in unstable countries mired in war. Look at Ambassador Stevens; he was in a war zone and didn’t have a gun, and everything turned out fine. Oh, wait, never mind

January 01, 2018, 11:26 PM
CD228
quote:

That's not woodland it's hunting camo. Probably a Contractor,NCIS/PSD Agent, could be a LEP (if they are still in use) or from one of the other Federal Agencies present in theatre.
January 01, 2018, 11:28 PM
CD228
quote:
quote:

ARman

I think you are referring to the Diplomatic Security Service (DSS), who are the security arm of the Department of State (DSS).
January 01, 2018, 11:34 PM
ARman
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
quote:
quote:

ARman

I think you are referring to the Diplomatic Security Service (DSS), who are the security arm of the Department of State (DSS).

That's what I meant, I didn't catch the damn autocorrect.

ARman
January 02, 2018, 08:52 AM
JALLEN
What does he do in Baltimore, or Chicago, or other danger zones?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown