SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Built a BRAND NEW car!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Built a BRAND NEW car! Login/Join 
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted
I've never purchased a brand new car, I haven't yet either but I've built one and have a deposit on it. 2022 Chevy Suburban Premier Diesel! I purchased my MIL a Toyota Sienna a few years ago and have been driving that, since I sold my 2017 Burb. Man, that minivan is a GAS GUZZLER! The diesel burb is reporting 30+ miles a gallon.

Pretty excited about this...but probably won't get it till next year!

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6011 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful truck!! Hope you don't have to wait too long!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Congrats Dave! Have read lots of positives on the diesel Tahoe & Burban.
Hope it serves you well.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15344 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Damn Dave, great karma. I'm in! Haha

Seriously, very cool. You deserve it. Always good to have something to look forward to and that's a pretty good choice IMO.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5911 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once owned a 1976 Suburban. Two tone blue and white. You could watch it rust. The bottom interior of the doors held water and you could hear it slosh around. But then they rusted through and drained! Rear glass could be electrically lowered, where it remained all winter. Full time 4X4 drive with a gas mileage of at least 8 MPG.
So ugly no one would park near it.
I loved it and still miss it. Great truck.
OPs Suburban is gorgeous. I would love to test drive the diesel to see how it runs.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous selection. Have a Tahoe but in gas and I love it. Looking forward to seeing the update one it arrives.

Myron

Posts: 138 | Location: NoVA | Registered: November 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Congrats Dave. Business must be good. Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19196 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Wow, very nice! Hope you don't have to wait too long.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd recommend getting it in a 3/4 ton.

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool ride. I waited 8 weeks for my Tacoma to be built on a special order. Also waited a year for a 1911 At colt custom shop to the payoff can be worth it.

For years there been a cottage Industry of guys taking the duramax diesel and trans out of the Chevy trucks and transplanted into suburbans. Not sure when it was never a factory option for last few decades except for EPA rules would be my only guess

Posts: 4776 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Very nice, Dave!

I'd love having a full-size SUV and still getting 30 mpg. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13507 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:

They still make it in a 3/4? I can see the appeal.

Posts: 11362 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:

They still make it in a 3/4? I can see the appeal.

IIRC the 3/4 ton Suburban was discontinued around 2010 maybe a year or two later.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15344 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

IIRC the 3/4 ton Suburban was discontinued around 2010 maybe a year or two later.

Frown

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
You need ten feet of garden hose, a five gallon jerry can, and some chewing gum. The garden hose is for siphoning diesel from school busses, the same for the jerry can, and the gum is for after trying to get he taste outta your mouth.

My pop-pop used to call ten feet of garden hose a “Georgia credit card” (he grew up in north Florida)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11290 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
How much is diesel in Cali now?

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
How much is diesel in Cali now?

It's expensive, but for the last year it's been cheaper than than premium gasoline.

At the Costco I fill up at, Diesel is currently $3.99 and Premium is $4.19.

Posts: 13049 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
Very nice Dave. Let me drive it down to RB and see if it will fit in my one car garage. Not Big Grin
Hope you get it soon.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Get ready for the morons that block the only diesel pump at the gas station with their econo shitbox and then go in for 10 minutes and buy coffee and lottery tickets.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post