SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need a reliable Worker's Comp. lawyer.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a reliable Worker's Comp. lawyer. Login/Join 
posted
I am in need of a reliable/reputable Worker's Comp. Lawyer dealing with disability.
Preferably from the Youngstown Ohio area. I will not venture into Cleveland if I can help it.

If anyone has had actual experience could you please let me know.
It would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.

Posts: 359 | Registered: March 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by USMCE4retired:

I am in need of a reliable/reputable Worker's Comp. Lawyer dealing with disability.
Preferably from the Youngstown Ohio area. I will not venture into Cleveland if I can help it.

If anyone has had actual experience could you please let me know.
It would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.
My step-son is a lawyer in that area (northeast Ohio). He does not practice in worker's comp or disability (he is a prosecutor), but he does know a lot of other lawyers. I'll check with him and get back to you if he has a referral for you.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31452 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I just heard back from my step-son, with a recommendation.

I sent the information in an email, to the address in your profile. If you don't receive it, contact me.

Never let it be said that this Navy guy didn't help a Marine. Smile

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31452 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, V-Tall. Unfortunately I am unable to log into my Roadrunner account.
I just realized that we are not able to message each other on SIGforum?!

Thank you for trying to help the helpless to no avail.

I should add that we are more like brothers than cousins. I was Fleet Marine Corps. Only puked onceWink Never got sea sick after my first ship, USS Saginaw (flat bottom).

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was Fleet Marine Corps. Only puked once Never got sea sick after my first ship, USS Saginaw (flat bottom).
I was Navy, but you probably have way more sea time than I do. In four years regular USN plus two years USNR, I had a grand total of five days on the water, five separate days. Sauntered down to the pier after breakfast, boarded the rescue boat (converted PT boat), spent the day coordinating recovery of target drones east of Puerto Rico, and back in time for evening chow.

This was coveted duty, and the senior petty officers in the missile shop rotated, doing it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
Thank you, V-Tall. That will help.

When I signed up for USMC I was under the impression that FMF stood for Fun, Music, and Fantasy. What a disappointment. Actually had no idea I would be sent there. My only stipulation signing up was that I didn't want to sit on my ass in the States. I could do that from my porch.
Had a great time on the Cruises, but am paying for all the miles of humping gear and heavy weapons.
One other thing that I remember about being shipboard is that when heading out to sea with newbees that the chow hall would serve greasy chicken and such. The only ones that could eat were the Navy personel and the seasoned grunts. The cooks never sqwauked if you went back for seconds or thirds.They'd just give you a grin or a nod. Good times.

More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Thank you, V-Tall. Unfortunately I am unable to log into my Roadrunner account.
OK, here you go:

Get in touch with:

Shawn Scharf
Law firm of Green, Haines Sgambatti
(330) 743-5101

Tell him that you were referred by Brooke Zellers (Columbiana county prosecuter, my step-son).

Green, Haines and Sgambati are a reputable firm. I’ve done this kind of work for 25 years.

LOL, V-tail. I graduated law school with your step-son. I also lived down the hall from him. He was the nicest guy.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8887 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
LOL, V-tail. I graduated law school with your step-son. I also lived down the hall from him. He was the nicest guy.
Small world, eh? Email me with your real name, etc. I'll tell him you said hello.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by USMCE4retired:
Thank you, V-Tall. That will help.

When I signed up for USMC I was under the impression that FMF stood for Fun, Music, and Fantasy. What a disappointment. Actually had no idea I would be sent there.

They probably didn’t tell you that Marine stood for

My
Ass
Riding
In
Navy
Equipment

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3905 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SpinZone, "OK, NOW IT'S ON!"
Just kiddingWink
Actually I have never heard that one before. But it is true.
With all the ribbing each service gives the other, we really didn't have that shipboard.
I guess everyone thought it best to just get through it all.

I take it you are a squ..... err, I mean NAVY.

posted Hide Post
Of course you didn’t have that aboard the ships, sailors are smart enough not to talk smack to the marines in an enclosed space. Smile

My boss a few years back was in the Marines and we had a lot of fun going round and round with this.

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."

Posts: 3905 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
May an Army guy check in? I actually have more ship time than V-Tail. I was an (Unwilling) passenger on a US Navy ship going to Desert Storm.

As much as we give each other services shit, Like all the times the ARMY has bailed you guys outBig Grin, don't let a non-Veteran try to join in on the fun or they will get a verbal beat down.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:

They probably didn’t tell you that Marine stood for

My
Ass
Riding
In
Navy
Equipment

Gee, I was always told it stood for

Muscles
Are
Required,
Intelligence
Not
Essential

In all seriousness, I hope you get a good recommendation and have success with workers comp. I've seen too many people come out of the losing side when dealing with it.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3385 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rotndad, When you landed for Desert Storm were you greeted by the treasonous media with all the lights to give away the location of the landing area? I saw that on TV and could not believe what I saw. I bet none of them went to the front with you.
I was in the States prior to Desert Storm when all the Services were doing Solid Shield. Met and bantered with ( inter-service ribbing) an Army dude stringing comm. wire. Turns out we both became hunting and fishing buddies when we got out. Didn't know we were homies at the time.

Gibb, Perhaps the Muscles
Are
Required,
Intelligence
Not
Essential is more true than we would hope. When a friend and I first were signing up the Recruiter tried to talk us into joining through O.C.S. due to our IQ tests. When we declined he stated "Well, I guess they can't all be dumb". Wow, and that coming from a NCO.
I imagine since I wanted Ground Guarantee that that fact negated my score.

posted Hide Post
I was Navy, my dad and sister were Navy.
My brother was Army.
My uncle and one cousin were Marines.
Another uncle was Air Force.

Family get togethers were always a lot of fun once we got started down this road. You could not wait to see who brought the brand new slam that no one had heard before.

posted Hide Post
A twist on the inter service ribbing is the BS between my two Uncles that went to Korea together. Army, both, with one at the front and one in Intelligence. The grunt always egged him to "come to the front. I'll show you around".
The other would say "Does the term INTELLIGENCE ring a bell?" As only brothers can be.

My Grandfather on my father's side, and his Brother-in-law were the only other Marines in the family. Others were Army.
I had one Great Uncle on my mother's side that was in the German Air Force during WWII (named Fritz, nun the less).
One of my Uncles gave me a little grief when I was talking about joining the Corps, and when I finally told him of my decision he became very quiet. Found out later that his job in the Navy was to try to piece together what they brought back of the Marines KIA. He evidently thought it best not to "bother" me with those details since I joined thinking that I would go to Nam.

Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I originally wanted Army Reserves (preferably on a medevac chopper) but was dq'd due to my lack of color vision.
I saw the Marine recruiter and asked what he could do, ended up going security forces for the CQB training.

When I told my father (USAF vet, closed out Thailand at the end of the Vietnam War), it was one of the few times I saw him cry. But, be let me go.

Turns out, he was active during the Mayaguez incident, and remembers the chaos that resulted in leaving the 3 Marines behind. He never told me until after I got out, and even then it took a few glasses of Glenlivet.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3385 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This is your captain speaking.
Picture of TSM11
posted Hide Post
Hey, IDK if you care (given the distance) but if you haven't gotten what you need from Vtail's stepson's colleague, theres a very good (understatement) lawyer in Tampa, FL who was extremely successful in a W/C case involving a close friend of ours. If you need his name, please LMK (or let Rotndad know, as he's here way more than I am).
Good luck and thank you for your service.

I'm with Rotndad what's your excuse.

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 423 | Location: Tampa Bay Florida | Registered: September 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, TSM11. I just received, and will be returning the paperwork in question.

I appreciate all the help.
You guys are great.