SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 Flu Shot: Got yours? How about after effects?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 Flu Shot: Got yours? How about after effects? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Got both my first Shingrix shot and the uber strength old folks flu shot today. Took Tylenol before getting the injections. That was about 2.5 hours ago... so far so good as far as any reactions go.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
I got mine 9 September. No pain, no problems.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2084 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my first one in years about 6 weeks ago while in for an annual physical. They asked if I wanted one and I thought that with all the Rona stuff going on this would probably be the year to go ahead and get it.

Had no issues and was pleasantly surprised that I didn't feel sick afterward.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
I got the high dose on Monday. Aching and joint pain woke me up a lot Monday night. Arm was sore yesterday. I'm fine today.

Posts: 1457 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
My whole family of 4 got it
3 of us it hurt like hell about a day later.
I mean hurt, my son was crying, he's 11 and a ball player, not a sissy kid, but he had full alligator tears rolling.
I was laying in bed and it was sore to the touch, like a boil.
my wife had a redmark for 3 days now.
daughter was fine, no effects at all.

also we got them at separate times and places.

me first then the wife and kids later.

i always get a flu shot and never had any issues, this was a first for sure.
day 5 now and it is fine

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
We got ours the middle of September. I used to have issues getting my wife in but then we found a high end grocery store gave 15% off coupons on your purchase. Plus the shots were covered under a Medicare.
Oddly, since I retired from teaching I haven’t been sick for 6 years. Must have been the immunity built up from those walking pus pockets of germs. That is to say until last week when I got the crud. Not the rona but nasty.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ops cwo
posted Hide Post
None

Posts: 266 | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I got mine a couple weeks ago. My boss got a mild case of the flu after the shot. Our agency is not giving free flu shots this year. I went to Walgreens to get mine and insurance paid 100% of the cost. I had zero issues after getting it.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got mine thru our local Health Department in mid October. My dear wife got hers late last week. Some slight soreness for a couple of days.
This was the Senior version at the Department’s Drive Thru clinic.
Blackhorse4

Posts: 87 | Location: North central Kentucky | Registered: October 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post