SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Michael Bloomberg stepping up his campaign in Virginia
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michael Bloomberg stepping up his campaign in Virginia Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...per-tuesday-n2558396

Billionaire Michael Bloomberg, the former Mayor of New York City, has decided to completely skip the Iowa Caucuses and New Hampshire Primary and instead focus his energy on Super Tuesday states, where 15 states cast their vote for the Democratic nominee, and April elections, where four more states make their decision. It really is a bold, unique strategy and one that has never been successful before.

The Bloomberg campaign deployed staffers to key Super Tuesday states, including Arkansas, California, Colorado, Maine, Minnesota, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia .

let's give him the welcome he deserves

In preparation for these elections, Bloomberg's team has hired more than 200 staffers to work in 21 states, McClatchy DC reported.

The hiring spree is the campaign's way of beefing up its ground game to go hand-in-hand with the $80 million dollar ad buy they recently made.

According to Dan Kanninen, a veteran Democratic campaign official who is advising Bloomberg, this strategy allows the team to talk to a number of voters in various states while other candidates focus on Iowa and New Hampshire.

I hope they talk to me

“We can have a large and concurrent conversation with the American people in 29 or 30 contests all at once while our opponents are stuck talking to a narrow portion of the electorate in the early states,” Kanninen told McClatchy. “It means we’re out of the sandbox. … While we’re late to the contest overall, we’re going to be early to the March states.”

Super Tuesday is set to take place on March 3, 2020 and includes: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Democrats Abroad, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont and Virginia.

They also sent staffers to Michigan, Missouri and Mississippi. Those states vote on March 10. Another election takes place on March 17 in Arizona, Florida, Illinois and Ohio, where more staffers are being sent and Georgia, which votes March 24.

In preparation for April elections, the campaign has staff in the battleground states of Wisconsin, Maryland, New York and Pennsylvania.

“So many of the most critical states in the fall are in those March contest states,” Kanninen said. “Donald Trump is not governing — he’s campaigning in all these places and Democrats aren’t. When we get to these places there’s relief that there’s a Democrat there to take on Donald Trump.”

“After the early states, It’s one consecutive contest. Most campaigns drop in a couple weeks before frantically, without establishing authentic relationships,” Kanninen explained. “When you put a team on the ground for three months, talk to community leaders, clergy, business folks, you can advance your cause far more than just dropping in frantically.”

A number of Obama alumni are working on Bloomberg's campaign.

Their focus, however, isn't on "hope and change" but beating Republicans. It is something Democratic operative Michael Ceraso said Obama alumni understand.

“The current political environment isn’t looking for hope and change. No, voters are placing a premium on beating the other team above everything else. Former Obama operatives understand this,” Ceraso said."Oh, and it doesn’t hurt they can collect a huge check along the way.”

Because Bloomberg launched his campaign so late in the game, he has had to dump tons of money into the race. And it has not come without scrutiny. Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and Bernie Sanders (I-VT) have said Bloomberg and Tom Steyer, another billionaire, have done everything in their power to buy the election.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope he stays in for as long as possible and spends lots of money in the process. It will just be more help to the roaring economy that Trump built!

Posts: 5026 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
maybe we'll get these calls

https://www.breitbart.com/2020...labor-to-make-calls/

Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s presidential campaign indirectly used prison labor to make telephone calls, according to a Tuesday report.

Bloomberg’s campaign used third-party vendor ProCom, a New Jersey call center company, to make the calls, according to The Intercept. ProCom reportedly operates two call centers from Oklahoma state jails, where prisoners were making calls on behalf of the billionaire’s campaign to California residents.

A source familiar with the matter revealed to The Intercept that incarcerated individuals at Dr. Eddie Warrior Correctional Center were making the calls.

The Bloomberg campaign claimed it did not know prisons were being used to make the calls and said it had terminated the agreement.

“We didn’t know about this and we never would have allowed it if we had,” Bloomberg spokesperson Julie Wood told The Intercept. “We don’t believe in this practice and we’ve now ended our relationship with the subcontractor in question.”

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Maybe with a lot of hard work and another billion dollars or so in spending, Bloomberg can rocket all the way up to 5% in the polls.

Posts: 8879 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
As far as I am concerned he can keep his ass in New York.

Posts: 1970 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Bloomberg wants so badly to be the American version of Joseph Stalin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21220 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
^^^^this

And his damn ads are all over Detroit area television too...

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan

Posts: 519 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Bloomberg

Can we not just tar-and-feather this jerk, and send him off to Siberia or something?

quote:
Originally posted by SSgt USMC/Vet:
As far as I am concerned he can keep his ass in New York.

And keep his money there, too. Quit screwing with other states.

God bless America.

Posts: 13859 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I saw one of his TV ads on a local Atlanta channel just yesterday. The guy is such a phony.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4012 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I think this is probably a good thing. It will force the others to spend all their time raising money from the rich people they hate and Bloomberg can still outspend them all combined with the stroke of a pen and his walking around money. And he'll still not come close to beating Trump.

Posts: 3684 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grayfox54
posted Hide Post
Why would Bloomberg campaign in Virginia? He already bought that state. Mad

It ain't the years, its the mileage.

Posts: 54 | Location: Bartlett, TN | Registered: November 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m very concerned that he will be the “spoiler” the DNC wants. With the coming convention, there will likely be no clear cut, popular winner.

This’ll give the “Floor” the opportunity to nominate Hilda-beast for one last attempt.

I’m curious to see it play out.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 866 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayfox54:
Why would Bloomberg campaign in Virginia? He already bought that state. Mad

He bought politicians in the state. The people......not so much.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37170 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Keep pissing away your money loser...

quote:
Majority of Democratic Primary Voters 'Very Uncomfortable' With Michael Bloomberg as Presidential Candidate, New Poll Shows
By Blake Dodge On 12/19/19 at 11:49 AM EST

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5806 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’m with the rest here. He must get a certain euphoria out of just running, and doesn’t mind blowing his own $$$.

Unless there is a cataclysmic upheaval in the democratic race, he doesn’t stand a chance. He maybe thinks, if Trump did it, I can too?

He’s a dud. The democrat base hardly puts up with Bernie & Old Joe, two other old guys.

Posts: 6386 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's running an ad or two in Oregon too. Why? The state is a shoe-in for Democrats of every ilk. Unless, the so-called independents in this state get amnesia and vote Republican.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1690 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark in Michigan:
^^^^this

And his damn ads are all over Detroit area television too...

Seen a few in Texas as well.

I'm halfway thinking of voting in the Dhim primary. A vote for Liawatha would really help Trump win.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
As if Soros isn’t enough, we gotta deal with this communist knob farmer.

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His ads are showing up in Az. these days.......that is what a "mute" button is for!!!

Posts: 6709 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
His ads are all over the local channels in Arkansas. Also advertising like crazy on UToob.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7273 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post