SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fentanyl Seizures At Southern US Border Spike 4000%
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fentanyl Seizures At Southern US Border Spike 4000% Login/Join 
posted
https://www.zerohedge.com/geop...us-border-spike-4000

President Biden's border crisis has morphed into a drug crisis as Mexican cartels have taken over parts of the southern border. These criminal gangs are pumping record amounts of fentanyl across the border and contributing to a spike in drug overdose deaths.

According to NBC News, US Border Patrol agents seized 4000% more fentanyl this year than in 2018. Biden's relaxed immigration policies have allowed cartels and illegal aliens to overrun parts of the border. Agents have so far seized 41 pounds of fentanyl in 2021, compared with nine pounds in all of 2020, two pounds in 2019, and one pound in 2018.

NBC's data is primarily focused on seizures between land port of entries, such as in the open desert.

"For the first time, we're starting to see these tactics where fentanyl is being smuggled between ports of entry," Chief Border Patrol Agent Gloria Chavez said. "Cartels are very creative. They find ways to intimidate migrants and find ways to illegally have them transport that narcotic into the United States."

Forty-one pounds doesn't seem like a lot of drugs, but keep in mind the powerful narcotic is 80-100 times stronger than morphine, and just one kilogram, or about 2.2 pounds, can potentially kill 500,000 people. Do the math, and the seizure so far this year is strong enough to kill approximately 9.3 million Americans.

Drug Enforcement Administration agents tell NBC that fentanyl has become the drug of choice for cartels to smuggle into the US because it's easy to transport and very profitable.

At land ports, fentanyl and meth seizures are also up 719% and 781%, respectively. Cartels are flooding the deadly drug at every possible opening on the southern border, and Biden's broken border policies make it possible.

A shocking 90,722 overdose deaths were reported in the US through November 2020. If the trajectory continues, overdoses this year could surpass last year's figures. The virus pandemic intensified the drug crisis (read: here & here) as millions of people lost their jobs and the economy plunged into a recession. Still, millions are without jobs and are spiraling down a deep hole of drugs and alcohol. On top of this all, Biden's failed border policies to undo former President Trump's strict border security had made the drug and immigration crisis many times worse.

Tragically, this dangerous situation playing out at the southern border was very predictable. Republicans may use Biden's failed border policies against Democrats for the 2022 midterms and 2024 presidential elections.

This week, a billionaire Republican and South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem were able to fund a future deployment of the state's National Guard to the border as Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has frequently fought the Biden administration about their lousy job protecting Americans from cartels and illegal aliens.

Posts: 12730 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm shocked!!!

Posts: 1454 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
My wife and I left a Bob Evans restaurant in an average part of town at lunchtime. In the parking lot was a young man on the curb collapsed into a nearly prone state. He was conscious but in lalaland. There were a group of 4 or 5 bystanders gawking. We just walked to our car at a brisk pace and wondered what in the hell the attraction is... yeah let me take something that causes me collapse and drool all over myself on the curb of a broiling hot parking lot.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who would have ever guessed this would happen with open borders.

Could several pounds of this stuff be dumped into the water supply killing millions or would the water dilute it too much by the time it gets to your tap.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My bet?

Chinese fentanyl brought into Mexico by Nuevo Generation Cartel, then pumped into the US.

But what do I know.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8362 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Remember when Cruz and other republicans went to the border and they and law enforcement were openly taunted by cartel in Mexico? Basically saying as soon as you leave, we’ll be crossing with whatever we want to bring. That was in March. Imagine how much dope of all kinds has been trucked across a loose and porous border.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...-rio-grande-tour.amp

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
What could possibly be more important to the feds than protecting American lives from drugs and covid carriers gushing across the border? What could it possibly be?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29723 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
What could possibly be more important to the feds than protecting American lives from drugs and covid carriers gushing across the border? What could it possibly be?
Future Democratic voters.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My bet?

Chinese fentanyl brought into Mexico by Nuevo Generation Cartel, then pumped into the US.

But what do I know

^^^^^^^^^^
Don't worry Kamala is on it!

Posts: 17263 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let them bring it in and give the addicts all they need to kill themselves. Even better if it's done under the Dem's watch.

Posts: 829 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It is not that simple. Think of the crime and violence that goes along with it.

Posts: 17263 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bingo! But of course the DemoRATS don't care about overdoses, crime, or violence!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10208 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
This stuff presents more of a public threat than just as a recreational drug. I hope it starts getting more attention.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17297 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Dems care not on iota about violence, as it doesn’t happen in their gated communities.

Posts: 3159 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Let 'em buy it over the counter at CVS. Undercut the cartels.

quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The crime and violence is already there. Let them take their medicine.

Posts: 829 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
MSNBC Joy Reid says that the border crisis is nonexistent. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5310 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fentanyl scares me enough that I always had a nasal narcan in my uniform pocket for self rescue purposes.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
And that is only the shipments they catch, makes you wonder how much is getting in.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8127 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Isn't the standard assumption is that LE intercepts 10-20% of the total flow?
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
And that is only the shipments they catch, makes you wonder how much is getting in.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post