SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mountain bike / kayak tracking app
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mountain bike / kayak tracking app Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
Good morning Sigforum. Can anyone recommend a good app to track my speed, distance and map my adventures whilst kayaking or cycling? Doesn’t have to be a free app, just one that you really like. My old app seems to be broken.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Samsung S7, it has Samsung Health and Google Fit installed. Both of these apps track speed, distance, elevation, etc., for biking, walking, hiking, running.

I just looked at Google Fit and sure enough, I can set it to track kayaking.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
GPS Essentials will do that.

Posts: 10995 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
It's been years since I used these. These are the ones I used. The second one is more just places to ride.

https://play.google.com/store/...m.mapmyride.android2

https://play.google.com/store/...espruce.Singletracks

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20836 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I use Strava for (road) cycling.
Not sure how well it works off road or on water though.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15364 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmc85
posted Hide Post
I’ve used lots of them. I always end up sticking with runkeeper for hiking and biking. Easy to use, free, and tracks what you want.

Posts: 2997 | Location: FL | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I use Strava for (road) cycling.
Not sure how well it works off road or on water though.

+1

I don't use Strava, but have friends that do, and it's quite popular among the cycling crowd. Not sure for water activities.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Any kayak related apps y’all can recommend?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post