SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need reloading bench 'tool wall' upgrade
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need reloading bench 'tool wall' upgrade Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted
looking for better 'tool wall' for handy reach of various hand tools on the reloading bench.

Do not appreciate any iteration of the typical peg-board system I've seen.

Have upgraded my 'reloading chamber' now with wall-mounted bench 10' long by 2' wide with shelf underneath.

The magnetized holders I've seen all tend to drift the tools toward a bit of magnetic grip, which sometimes is helpful & other times not so much.

Now have the dedicated (10'x3') back-space to install any system that best serves the purpose.

What you got that's good?

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I have the hex wrenches I bought from Dillon. One other hex wrench along with 2 regular wrenches is all I have ever used with my reloading equipment. You must have a nice collection of reloading tools to have a wall devoted to them. I'm jealous.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Put them in a drawer underneath top of bench.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I'd consider ProSlat. I don't have, but after seeing it at a friends I will. Oh yes, one day I will!!!

ProSlat example at AMZN

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12437 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Slat wall style for wall storage for sure lots off different hangers. I don't have one yet, but plan to.

Posts: 1576 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
Home Depot sells a similar slat wall system made by rubbermaid. You hang the brackets then the slat wall. The brackets allow use of other hanging items they sell. I have a mix of it and 2x4s with screws as pegs in my garage to hang various items.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
How about French cleats?

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
French cleats?

Thanks Gustofer, that may be what I'm after. Never heard the term before but it looks like I can probably build some. After all.....just got a NEW jig saw!!!!

will look up some further details.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Another option may be a tool roll. I have a Bucket Boss tool roll hanging in my home office with 18 or so of my most frequently-used small tools in it. Especially handy if you ever need to tote the whole set to an alternative work area.

Posts: 6502 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post