SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Marines from 8th and I sprint toward burning senior center to rescue residents in DC
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marines from 8th and I sprint toward burning senior center to rescue residents in DC Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
Semper Fi!

https://wjla.com/features/abc7...bled-seniors-dc-fire

(couldn't find on youtube to embed)

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Being Marines, that doesn't surprise me at all that they would do something like that.

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
God bless those guys.

Posts: 26943 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Marines from 8th and I sprint toward burning senior center to rescue residents in DC

Am I reading this correctly? You were there? If so, thank you for stepping up!

Posts: 3440 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
quote:
Marines from 8th and I sprint toward burning senior center to rescue residents in DC

^^^^

not sure if serious...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
8th & I are street names & the location of Marine Barracks Washington DC.

https://www.barracks.marines.mil/

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Marine Barracks Washington, D.C. 8th & I "Oldest Post of the Corps"

It's their name, due to location.

MISSION:

Marine Barracks Washington, D.C., also known as "8th & I," is the oldest active post in the Marine Corps. It was founded by President Thomas Jefferson and Lt. Col. William Ward Burrows, the second commandant of the Marine Corps, in 1801.

Located on the corners of 8th & I Streets in southeast Washington, D.C., the Barracks supports both ceremonial and security missions in the nation's capital.

The Barracks is home to many nationally recognized units, including the Marine Corps Silent Drill Platoon, the Marine Drum and Bugle Corps, the Marine Band, the official Marine Corps Color Guard, and the Marine Corps Body Bearers. It is also the site of the Home of the Commandants, which, along with the Barracks, is a registered national historic landmark.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
quote:

^^^^

not sure if serious...

I was actually serious. I will admit my ignorance and certainly didn't intend any disrespect. I had no knowledge of the 8th and I barracks. I assumed the 8th was a division, and that's how I read it.

Now I know!

Posts: 3440 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
No one can know everything!
As a Jarhead I can tell you our skin is not that thin.

Wink

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And as an aside, if you ever have the opportunity to view an 8th & I parade at the Barracks - DO IT.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Being Marines, that doesn't surprise me at all that they would do something like that.

Marines running towards trouble?
Who would have thunk it?
Well, yep thats what they do.

Posts: 1045 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Great job, Marines! Semper Fi!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YES! Good job!

Our birthday is coming soon Marines

Posts: 1454 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
In other news, the battalion LT revokes weekend liberty for several Marines for not having their cover on outdoors. Big Grin

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you and God Bless you and the Marines !!!

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3071 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This does not surprise me at all. All the Marines I know or have met have a great sense of service. Say what you will about Marines and how they drink too much or sex it up too much. When duty calls the Marines are always there no matter when, where, or what.

Posts: 1220 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Cheers for the Corps.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
In other news, the battalion LT revokes weekend liberty for several Marines for not having their cover on outdoors. Big Grin

Fucking shitbags. AND there will be remedial PT for those who didn't run to the burning building with a 1st class PFT run time.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4622 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
8th and I is truly an experience for family of a Marine.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post