SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Commercials On Fox News
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commercials On Fox News Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Is it just me or are 99% of the commercial breaks on Fox News Channel aimed at 90 year olds or hypochondriacs?

WTF!

Posts: 34541 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine watching Fox News long enough to know that they had commercials. The MIL has it on non-stop, thankfully it's normally muted when I'm over there.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I only watch Tucker Carlson who is great but the commercials are ridiculous. The average FNC watcher apparently is a 90 year old hypochondriac with a terrible skin condition!

Posts: 34541 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
watch him on youtube. no commercials

Posts: 3534 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
..'and if you order right now you get this magnifier FREE!!'

Posts: 1480 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
Watching news on TV has become an "old person" demographic.

I guess I'm old.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
The O'Reilly factor has a huge older fan base, my Dad being one of them.

Posts: 5538 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Its all about the demographics. Its either Pharma Ads or My pillow.com!

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I tend to recall a lot of ads for buying gold.

Posts: 6082 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere yesterday that Fox News average viewer age is 68.

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1749 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I only watch Tucker Carlson who is great but the commercials are ridiculous. The average FNC watcher apparently is a 90 year old hypochondriac with a terrible skin condition!

I am not 90 yet. A long way to go. The pains are very real, I think. Smile

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fox doesn't even bother with boner pills, as their base is past that part of life Smile
Yet they continue to use the hottest women in network news.

Posts: 1106 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The commercials are awful. If I asked my doctor about everything they tell me to "ask your doctor" about... he would only have time for one patient.

quote:
Yet they continue to use the hottest women in network news.

Still glad Tucker replaced ME-gyn, though she was easy on the eyes!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or men with ED or for people who can't sleep and need a new pillow or need to loose weight. Cool

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Is there anyone else who still actually watches commercials?

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As with most daytime tv commercials.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I get to watch Outnumbered a few times during the week while eating lunch and most of the commercials I see are investing in gold and silver along with reverse mortgages and a few with life insurance and long term care.

Posts: 1970 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post