SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do we really need bourbon everything, getting deer drunk intentionally now??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do we really need bourbon everything, getting deer drunk intentionally now?? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Went to Tractor Supply this morning to get an Apple Mineral Lick for my deer and bear.
They had a new one a 110 Proof Bourbon lick!

Now, I know I live right in the heart of Bourbon Country and I know occasionally deer, beer, and other critters will get themselves a little buzzed on fermented apples but doing this intentionally just seems odd to me.

Not going to lie either almost pulled the trigger just to see if it attracted more animals to my camera as it claims.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25423 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Bourbon deers, cocaine bears, what's the world coming to?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16355 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I once had a buddy whose dog loved Scotch. I'd pour a little in the palm of my hand and he'd slurp it right up

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Personally when getting the dear a little bit drunk, bourbon, MD 2020, Cold Duck, Mich Ultra ...
Whatever works is just alright with me.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Here is the ingredient list which shows no bourbon:
quote:
Processed grain by-products, salt, corn, zinc oxide, iron carbonate, calcium carbonate, manganous oxide, red iron oxide, copper sulfate, mineral oil, calcium iodate, cobalt carbonate and natural anise flavor.
I suspect the bolded ingredient is leftover mash (cornmeal, malted barley, rye, etc) that has been strained out during the bourbon making process.

The video in the link calls them DDGs.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23261 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I don't think it's possible to keep alcohol in a salt block, but I do know bourbon makes women's clothes fall right off.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
So when the deer runs out in the road, it will stagger and walk sideways.

The drunk driver can't drive in a straight line either.

They'll both miss each other and neither one will be on the road...

Maybe not.

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Great new excuse for missing your shot. "He was drunk and staggering all over the place."

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Personally when getting the dear a little bit drunk, bourbon, MD 2020, Cold Duck, Mich Ultra ...
Whatever works is just alright with me.

I see what you did there! Wink

Here's my take on this-
Shooting a drunk deer ( deer ) has got to be easier than a sober one.

However, I'm not worried about the ones that get shot. I'm worried about the ones that don't.
Lil bastards get a taste for bourbon, next thing you know, they're breaking into your cabin/house stealing your Jack Daniels/Jim Beam. God forbid they get into the good stuff!
Did you know that deer (and some dear too) get pretty surly with a bellyful of bourbon?now you have a drunk deer in your living room, kicking stuff around, knocking pictures off the wall with antlers. Deer can't be housebroken- a well known fact! You all know how bad deer piss smells! Try getting that smell out of the couch!

This has "bad idea" written all over it.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
I can see it now...Some animal rights politician and the Wildlife agents will combine efforts to pass new laws making it illegal to harvest any animals that are under the influence..... And or the placing these types of infused products to attract the animals. ..... drill sgt.

Posts: 2008 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Maybe the animals around you don't find you very attractive, a shot or two might make them reconsider.
I'm sure it can get lonely out in the country for both of you.

Posts: 4628 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Bourbon deers, cocaine bears, what's the world coming to?

Cocaine bear was the first thing that came to my mind.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That is to appeal to hunters more than deer.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
To your original question......YES, bourbon on everything! Cool Big Grin Wink

Posts: 1731 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I once had a buddy whose dog loved Scotch. I'd pour a little in the palm of my hand and he'd slurp it right up

Our dog loves the smell of bourbon. If he's close by when I have a sip, he smacks his lips and practically huffs at the smell of my breath. Big Grin

Posts: 1802 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post