SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Colorado snowflake flips out over making/serving Unicorn Frappuccino (on 4/20 of all days)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado snowflake flips out over making/serving Unicorn Frappuccino (on 4/20 of all days) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Our employee handbook prevented us from posting anything about the company on social media good or bad, other than where you worked, subject to punishment up to and including termination.

mine still does

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
Wasn't 19 the average age of our soldiers in Vietnam?

"19" is an oft-repeated statistic, but it's not correct. The average age for US servicemen during Vietnam was just over 23. (Among the enlisted infantry, it was a bit lower at 22.5. Marine infantry specifically had an even lower average of 20.5.)

Even the youngest draftees during Vietnam would have been 20 (or very nearly 20) when called up and shipped off to basic training, though there were plenty of 18 and 19 year old volunteers who enlisted (and a few even younger).

In WW1, the average age of US servicemen was 23. In WW2, it was 26.

I'm sure you're right. I'm just regurgitating a statistic that I've heard many times over the years.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StarTraveler:
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
I worked on a dairy farm at age 14. I would have LOVED to only have sticky hands at the end of my day (it takes more than one shower to get out the smell of cow manure), and that's not counting the day that I fell backwards into a 2' deep pile of manure/mud/God knows what else.

Pansy.

Hound Dog, I was planning to post basically this same thing when I read your post! I started working on our family dairy farm at age 8 and can't count the days I came home covered in dust, hay, and cow manure.

Oh, little pansy, your little fairy dust is just so distressing...

Since part of his rant was about needing a shower, I think he may be part cat (pussy), and have a dislike for cleaning with water.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2039 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
Wasn't 19 the average age of our soldiers in Vietnam?

"19" is an oft-repeated statistic, but it's not correct. The average age for US servicemen during Vietnam was 23. (Among the enlisted infantry, it was a bit lower at 22.5. Marine enlisted infantry specifically had an even lower average of 20.5.)

Even the youngest draftees during Vietnam would have been 20 (or within a few months of 20) when called up and shipped off to basic training, though there were plenty of 18 and 19 year old volunteers who enlisted (and a few even younger).

In WW1, the average age of US servicemen was also 23. In WW2, it was 26.

Currently, the average age is about 29, with an average age of 27 for enlisted and 35 for officers.

Perhaps true, but not all of us were draftees. If you look at all the enlisted, the age would be a lot closer to 19.

Posts: 9 | Location: Cape Fear, NC | Registered: January 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Endless repetitive tasks under time pressure? If I tried to make that thing it would be splattered all over the ceiling. Big Grin But I know this and would not consider working at such a job.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
I think princess snowflake will be looking for a job soon

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGguy229:
I think princess snowflake will be looking for a job soon

Or maybe a promotion. I bet Starbucks sold a crap ton more of those silly drinks because of this ridiculous video rant.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daedalus-NC:
Perhaps true, but not all of us were draftees. If you look at all the enlisted, the age would be a lot closer to 19.

Reread my post. I wasn't just referring to draftees. And I did point out that there were plenty of 18 and 19 year old volunteers. There just were not enough to bring the average age all the way down to 19.

That average age of 23 is across the board, officers and enlisted, volunteers and draftees.

If we narrow it down and look just at all enlisted (still including both draftees and volunteers) the average age was only slightly lower at just over 22. So it's still not a lot closer to 19.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I heard it tonight on local talk show, he said "if you love your barista" WTF is that? hehe Wink

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stressed out?... by Fairy Powder? The phrase "I'll give you something to cry about" comes to mind.

-----------------------------------

Posts: 2424 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
it was difficult to keep up with orders for the drink and he's "never been so stressed out" in his life.

Then maybe he should look for a new line of work. Could he handle "Walmart Greeter"?

or this seems low key and laid back. Doubt the clients yell at you all that much.

quote:
"MORGUE ATTENDANT"

Job Description and Jobs
Job Description:
1) Prepares bodies, specimens of human organs, and morgue room to assist PATHOLOGIST in postmortem examinations: Places body in compartment tray of refrigerator or on autopsy table, using portable hoist and stretcher.

2) Lays out surgical instruments and laboratory supplies for postmortem examinations.

3) Washes table, storage trays, and instruments, sharpens knives, and replaces soiled linens.

4) Records identifying information for morgue file.

5) Releases body to authorized person.

6) May close post mortem incisions, using surgical needle and cord.

7) May fill cranium with plaster.

8) May feed, water, and clean quarters for animals used in medical research.

9) May prepare preserving solutions according to formulas.

10) May preserve specimens and stain slides.

11) May photograph specimens.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
At 19, I was slinging ordnance on attack helicopters.

The world has changed.

I'll be going home soon. Hopefully before these clowns come to power.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Big news from Colorado

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
I bet Starbucks sold a crap ton more of those silly drinks because of this ridiculous video rant.

If I knew which one this guy worked in, I'd go in and order 10, then hand them out free to the first 9 people I saw, the last one of course for Mr. Snowflake to enjoy

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37960 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Even the youngest draftees during Vietnam would have been 20 (or within a few months of 20) when called up and shipped off to basic training, though there were plenty of 18 and 19 year old volunteers who enlisted (and a few even younger).

In WW2, it was 26.

I was drafted in 1966 age 21, then joined & went to Infantry OCS & was a 2LT at age 22.
My father was a radioman on a B29 at age 26
My Great Great Grandfather, Captain William Moore led a Union Cavalry unit in the Civil War at age 28
My Great Great Grandfather, John Burton was a Confederate solder in the Civil War at age 30

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Geez, guys. At least he's working.

No. He has a job. It sound like up until now he hasn't really had to "work".

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Why is this even a thing? Obvious the guy made a dumb video with comedic intentions (hits). What's the bigger issue, some millennial clowning about his job, or the public reaction and attention to it? I'd put the travesty on those making this into a bigger deal than it is.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I didn't have it as bad as some. At 19 I think I worked summers for the Dairy my dad was a milkman for ("retail milk salesman") and was stacking and unstacking cases of milk (glass quart bottles, wood cases, 42 pounds) 7 high in the cold room, or boxing up popsicles in the ice cream plant. My last 2 summers in college I worked for a big surveying firm, doing field work (running the tape and working the transit) and office work (making drawings, calculating, dark room work). Nothing stupendous, just decent work.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post