SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Propigating the old...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Propigating the old... Login/Join 
Picture of goingbroke
posted
Transplanting and propigating the old fruit trees, trees, plants, and shrubs of my grandparents and my wifes grandparents homeplaces has been a really rewarding experience to say the least!

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." - Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 5061 | Location: South of Atlanta | Registered: July 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
That is cool. I like stuff like that. Congrats.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19522 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It sounds rewarding. I'd be happy to see some pictures if you have them.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13451 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My neighbors have beautiful front landscaping and their backyard is spectacular. Almost everything comes from propagating relatives' and friend's plants (eg genuine Cuban mojito mint from me). I always do extra seed starts for my organic veggie & herb garden, and my extras go to them.

My okra comes from drying out one of their okra pods and harvesting the seeds.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23523 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Have done the same over the last 20 years. We have scotch pines from my wife's grandparents and other pines from the land I used to hunt, an oak from my dad's, an ash from my inlaws (we're trying to keep it alive) and forsythia from my inlaws.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8625 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I’d love to hear about this. I have an old apple tree I’d really like to transplant/ graft, but I’ve had no success thus far.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5449 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post