SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question about Charlie Baker for Massachusetts residents...or anyone else who'd care to chime in
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about Charlie Baker for Massachusetts residents...or anyone else who'd care to chime in Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
Baker is a "republican", but just how conservative or maybe I should say how non-conservative has he been over his time in office. He came up in political conversation over Thanksgiving dinner and I'm afraid I was too ignorant to comment much.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38699 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
The only reason he is a republican is that when he first decided to run the democrats fielded a minority, a lesbian, and a tranny, a white guy had no chance in the democratic primary, he became a republican. He's a RINO and Anti Trump and came out against DeSantis sending criminals to Martha's Vineyard. Biden calls him his favorite Republican and screws his name up calls him Charlie Parker. He sucks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: spunk639,

Posts: 2780 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
The fact that his nickname is "faker" says it all.

ETA: Just remembered his other nickname - "Tall Deval" (as in former (D) governor Deval Patrick)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blackmore,

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3453 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Yup a democrat. Tyrant during Covid. He shut everything down.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12445 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'd generally considered him a rino and he was an anti-Trumper, but I didn't know details. Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 6guns,

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38699 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The guy only looks conservative because he is in MA.

He is center left. Does a decent job as governor, if you like center left.

No resemblance to a conservative unless you are in a very blue state.

He has been running a budget surplus for the last few years because tax revenues are coming in faster than they can get inflated budgets passed.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Baker could win here forever, if he wanted. The job doesn't pay much and he needs a bigger salary.

I would take him any day over Healy or the ultra leftists. Healy is going to go full left the day she is in office. As big a fake as Biden, but she is not senile.

This state is going full commie with her in charge.

Posts: 347 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was the best option. Honestly, I think he is a pretty good politician. Seems that he will give you his opinion and sticks with it. Fiscally, I believe he is conservative and voted against the Millionaires tax in MA. I think he is more liberal on social issues. Honestly, that is how I am. I think the republican party not going to like the outcome if Trump runs in 2024. Even against Sleepy Joe. I would vote for Trump but don't believe he can carry the states he would need to, to win. I want less government, lower taxes, keep and make sustainable our current social programs. I think that we need to come to terms on abortion, less than 20ish weeks, otherwise we are alienating a huge part of the population.

Posts: 163 | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post