SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Educate me on wood/pellet/coal stoves
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Educate me on wood/pellet/coal stoves Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
check your local codes, some metro areas are banning wood burning stoves

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55170 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for the advice. Looks like I'd probably be better off with a dual wood/coal stove. I just need to figure out if it's worth making room and install costs.

To answer bendable's question, there are no local codes against them. You just need to have the building inspector check it before first use.

Posts: 6400 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
The question of using pellet stoves has been around for like, ever. I could name off maybe 15 friends over the years that invested a lot of money in purchasing the stove and then the pellets and not a one of them had that thing five years later.

Just my experience.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5134 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post