SIGforum
Pretty cool video for any hams who've done any VHF contesting

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/6310030084

February 26, 2021, 11:38 PM
FiveFiveSixFan
Pretty cool video for any hams who've done any VHF contesting
I'm familiar with the quad array of 17 el. Yagi's they start off with but if you continue watching, you'll see an incredible array erected below the quad array. The shack is equally impressive and the two ops seem to really be in sync with each other.

Link
February 27, 2021, 09:59 AM
Krazeehorse
I guess anything worth doin' is worth over-doin'. Looks like all we're having fun and that's what it's all about.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.
February 27, 2021, 10:18 AM
nhtagmember
Holy crap. I’ve heard about that station before but hadn’t seen their tower. That’s got to be about a half million in antennas alone.

Contesting isn’t something I’ve ever gotten in to.
February 27, 2021, 10:51 AM
BigCity
Puts my Windom OCF to shame. No wonder I can't contact anybody...

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

February 27, 2021, 10:52 AM
FiveFiveSixFan
quote:
That’s got to be about a half million in antennas alone.

The 4 boomers alone would be around $2k and that's without the array frame, phasing harnesses, coax and rotor. I have no idea about the other antennas but these boys are definitely the antithesis of the take a Bao Feng to the mountain top in a rucksack with a solar powered LiPo pack and a home-brew, handheld 4 element beam crowd.