SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Heading to Maryland!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heading to Maryland! Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
Got orders to Ft. Meade. Gonna be looking for places in Savage.

Best part though is the month long planned trip from New Mexico to the east coast through Pensacola.

Gonna get to stop by and meet some fine folks like Rogue, and hopefully Mr. Yarchin. PHPaul is a bit North, that might have to be a spring trip.

6 years OCONUS and im ready to come home for a minute!

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6333 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Cool trip, sorry you have to end up in Maryland.

There are many great members along the I-10 corridor I hope you have a great time!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
Cool trip, sorry you have to end up in Maryland.

There are many great members along the I-10 corridor I hope you have a great time!

Who wants to grab a beer in Nov/Dec?

Posts: 6333 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Shoot me an email. I’ve lived in Anne Arundel Co. my entire life and would be happy to help you identify good vs. bad places to live and play. Happy to buy you a drink when you get here, of course.

BTW, you mean Jessup, not Jasper. Wink

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
Shoot me an email. I’ve lived in Anne Arundel Co. my entire life and would be happy to help you identify good vs. bad places to live and play. Happy to buy you a drink when you get here, of course.

BTW, you mean Jessup, not Jasper. Wink

-Rob

Corrected my post sir,

My cousin spent 4 years working there and recommended Savage.

Ill definitely give you a shout soon.

Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:

Who wants to grab a beer in Nov/Dec?

Would love to, wherever I am at the time. It will be either New Mexico or South Carolina, either should be along your route. To date, I have not yet met any SF people in real life, so I'm not convinced y'all aren't AI bots, or that I'm living as an AI construct in some server farm somewhere.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Intrepid,

As long as you share some overland stories ill buy the beer!

Ive always wanted to take a year and live out of the 4-runner but the wife and 6 kids wont fit lol

Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Deal. I'll even load up my iPad with pics!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Oooo, the Puzzle Palace! Excellent duty, career-wise.

If you ever do manage a trip to Maine and get near Bah Hahbah, we'll have to meet up!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15254 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Let me know if you make it all the way down I-10 to Jax, I'll see your beers and raise you some BBQ.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3854 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I'm not too far from Savage and have a friend that lives there. Hit me up if you have any questions about the area.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16404 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
There are several of us in DFW. I'm sure we could arrange a meet as you go through.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Skins, ceptor87, few others, and I are across the great divide in northern Virginia. I’d tell you to move here, but the commute would be a killer.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31455 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
If you pass through western WV I will happily meet up and provide dinner! I’m sure a couple more of the members from this area would join as well.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1894 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely take up burtons offer on MD locales. I live in Frederick County. Maryland is a beautiful state with many positives. Unfortunately those positives don’t include politics, gun laws, taxes, etc. Avoid PG County like the plague. If you can figure out a way to live in an adjoining state, try. Happy to answer any MD questions. I’m ex Navy so been all over but lived here for the last 17 years.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Thank you gentlemen,

Once i get hard orders and know a date ill plan a trip with as many stops as possible.

Would like to meet as many folks as possible.

drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
If your west to east travel is on I-10 thru Baton Rouge, Louisiana you can take I-12(Baton Rouge to Slidell) which would be a short cut across south Louisiana by bypassing the greater New Orleans area.( unless you just have to see the "Big Easy"). Not having to detour in a southeasterly direction then northeast to meet back up in Slidell to head east across Mississippi/Alabama/into western Florida. Sounds like you have some time to prep your travel route. Keep the board posted. Hurry home but travel safe. ...................................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2015 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I don't know where in NM you will start from, but the shortest route from Albuquerque to Pensacola, FL is I-40 to Amarillo, TX; US-287 and TX-114 to Dallas, TX; I-30 to Jackson, MS; US-40 to Hattisburg, MS; US-98 to Mobile, AL; and I-10 to Pensacola. That route would take you through DFW, and is 1280 miles.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our loss is Maryland's gain. Safe travels!

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Maryland. If you want to be around a more water related community, I would look around Crownsville to Annapolis or Severna Park. The area is surrounded by rivers and the Chesapeake Bay and is still a short commute to Fort Meade. If you want more space, the Davidsonville area is more spread out but still close to Fort Meade. Anywhere really close to Fort Meade is more densely populated and some areas are not so nice.

Posts: 3232 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post