SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    *Paging feersum dreadnaught * Karma: Two Copies of 'Neptune's Inferno - Winners marksman41/feersum dreadnaught
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

*Paging feersum dreadnaught * Karma: Two Copies of 'Neptune's Inferno - Winners marksman41/feersum dreadnaught Login/Join 
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted
feersum dreadnaught - Please check your email account listed in your profile. Smile

Thanks.

Winners:

marksman41
feersum dreadnaught

Watch for email to your address in your profile.

There's something about these James Hornfischer books that grabs me. I don't know if it's his writing style as a whole, or the way he manages to bring all of the accounts to life in a cohesive narrative that doesn't seem dry at all. Whatever it is, I really have a hard time putting the books down while I'm reading them, and then I'll find myself going back to double check on a particular account here and there, when I find it haunting me.

I have every intention of doing this with Tin Can Sailors, but my BiL has my copy so when I get it back we'll do the book thing again. If you haven't read The Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors I simply cannot recommend it enough.

In any event. I would like to karma a couple copies of Neptune's Inferno: The U.S. Navy at Guadalcanal by James D Hornfischer. One is my paperback that I've read a couple times now, and the other will ship to one of the winners directly from Amazon.

Two winners will be drawn.

Please be a member in good standing with 100 posts, and be willing to provide your shipping address through a valid email address. Smile That's it! I'll let this run for a couple days and draw winners.

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Veeper,

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
OH yeah! I'm keenly interested in that book, thank you for the chance.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
IN - Father's Day gift for my dad.

Posts: 3521 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please include me in this thoughtful karma!

Thank you,

18Z50

Posts: 365 | Location: North Coast | Registered: October 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Please include me, that sounds like a great read! Thanks for the chance!

Posts: 8540 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
That one is on my list to read. Please include me.

Thanks for the chance.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Please don't enter me in the karma - I have this book already, as well as Hornfischer's "Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors." Both are great reads.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please include me as well in this chance for a book by a great author!

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for the chance

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Please include me in your karmic pool, and thank you for the chance.

PS: I will put it on the karmic wheel when I am finished with it.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
Great book! My uncle was on the Atlanta! When he got ashore after the Atlanta was sunk the Marines gave him a rifle and bucket of grenades sent in the woods and said welcome to the Marines! Or so I was told.

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the chance.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
I'd love to read it. Put me in please and thanks.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2407 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Put me in please.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Yes, please. I'd love to read it...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
In, please. I just finished Lundstrom's second First Team book so this would be a great next read.

Thanks!

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
Count me in. I love books about the Pacific theater of war. Thanks!

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Karma! Please add me to the list.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
Thanks for a chance, please count me in.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Add my name, thanks!

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post