SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shannen Doherty has died. She was 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shannen Doherty has died. She was 53 Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
Doherty was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015.

Two years later, in 2017, the Beverly Hills, 90210 actress revealed her cancer had returned following remission and was at stage 4.

In June, Doherty shared she was "scared" of the unknown as she prepared for a new round of treatment.

"It becomes very real in an incredibly different way, because I have no idea how long I'm gonna be on the chemo for," Doherty revealed on her podcast, Let's Be Clear.

"I have no idea if it's gonna be three months or if it's gonna be six months or if we're gonna — if after three months, it's not working, if we're gonna change again. That's not something that I can predict. It's not something my doctors can predict. And it's scary," she shared.

Read More: Shannen Doherty Dead at 53 | https://popcrush.com/shannen-d...&utm_medium=referral

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8652 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She put up a good fight against the big "C".

It seems that quite a few entertainers have passed the last week; Shannen, Shelley, a couple of others and this morning I noted that James Sikking (Hill Street Blues) joined that sad list.

Posts: 3353 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sucks. RIP Shannen.

She was one of my teen fantasy gals. I was in high school when 90210 was on first run. Even guys needed to watch it to stay up to date with what the girls at school were discussing. Seems she may have been a bit nutty in but I don’t wish cancer or death on most anybody.

Posts: 4943 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
With all the time I have on my hands, I like to watch Little House on the Prairie (later A New Beginning) weekday mornings. I saw her "Jenny Wilder" character and thought, "man, she looks familiar." Front row, second from left.

Posts: 28587 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
^^ Well, I'll be.
I never made that connection that that was Shannen.

Posts: 7482 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
F cancer.

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She suffered for a long time

"Dyin ain't much of a livin...boy"

Posts: 350 | Location: West (By GOD) Virginia | Registered: November 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
My wife was following her podcast or something. Shannon was a vocal conservative, apparently. I never watched anything she was in. Sad to die so young.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12598 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
With all the time I have on my hands, I like to watch Little House on the Prairie (later A New Beginning) weekday mornings. I saw her "Jenny Wilder" character and thought, "man, she looks familiar." Front row, second from left.

And isn't that Jason Bateman on her right? I know he did many episodes.

Posts: 7482 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
53. Dang that’s young.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29901 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16826 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post