SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    San Antonio dining
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

San Antonio dining Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Rudy’s bar que, Los Barrios Mexican,Little Rein Steak House or The Barn Door Steakhouse

Posts: 102 | Registered: June 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I can't recall the name of the place, but the hotel restaurant at The Hotel Contessa on the Riverwalk was really good.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I can't recall the name of the place, but the hotel restaurant at The Hotel Contessa on the Riverwalk was really good.

Las Ramblas....and it is "really good".

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
The Granary 'Cue & Brew (602 Avenue A, San Antonio, TX 78215) made Texas Monthly's Top 50 barbeque joints list for all of Texas. It's walking distance from River Walk.
quote:
The Granary ’Cue and Brew

Opened: 2012
Pitmasters: Tim Rattray, 34, Matt Coogan, 34
Method: Oak; indirect-heat pit
Pro tip: Go on a Tuesday for killer pastrami beef ribs.

From the outside, the Granary looks like hipster barbecue. The place inhabits a remodeled nineteenth-century house across the street from the brewery building in the Pearl development, with its pricey condos and upscale bakery. Inside, the place is sheathed in dark wood paneling and lit with filament bulbs. At one end is an anatomical image of a pig, its parts labeled in French. French! Curmudgeons who appreciate grungier spots where even the walls have smoke rings may well grumble. Until, that is, they try the meat. The well-barked brisket, though a touch dry, is incredibly flavorful. So are the pork ribs and the juicy chicken. A dual-purpose business, the Granary also brews beer, and Tim Rattray comes up with great sides like smoked collard greens and delicious burnt-end baked beans, not to mention desserts like bread pudding. Maybe the Granary has some old-school Texas in it after all. Rating: 4.25. 602 Ave A, 210-228-0124. Tue–Sat 11–4:30.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Mi Tierra. Excellent when we visited many years ago.

https://www.mitierracafe.com

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
My congratulations to your new Airman, welcome to my Air Force!

Thanks, HG. Between the Army, Navy, and Air Force experiences of his grandfathers and uncle he chose AF. After next weekend he heads to Shepard in Withita Falls for the next phase. He aimed high so he’s got a tough road ahead of him.

I just don’t understand this abstinence thing with the military today. I got two solid days of drinking after boot camp.

The son of a good family friend who is at Sheppard now in Jet Engine Propulsion training. The technical training is second to none.

Alcohol has killed or ruined the careers of many great Airmen and Air Force is trying to reverse the trend. Not an easy task with the age of the young men and women in the entry level pipeline.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post