SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How big is your dog?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How big is your dog? Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I'll start. Louie is big enough to help himself to half an apple pie my wife left sitting on the kitchen counter top. And amazingly, the sneaky bastage did it while both my wife and I were home. Must have thought he needed a bit of dessert after his dinner.

So much for the glass of milk and piece of pie I was going to have tonight.

Nice division, did he use the knife?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
My dog would have eaten the whole damn pie (and gone looking for another one!)

quote:
So much for the glass of milk and piece of pie I was going to have tonight.
Qwitcher whinging, he left you plenty!

Posts: 6489 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
How big he thinks he is:

How big he really is:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Jesse Mastiff, who has been in doggie Heaven for many years, was a bit over 200 pounds. No fat, and he was the runt of his litter. 240 pound mama and 260 pound papa. We were crushed when cancer took him before he was 5 years old.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30696 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Our Irish Wolfhound's chin rests on the kitchen counter while he is just standing there (his head comes up to about my sternum). He likes to watch what we are preparing, hoping for some, but he is very polite and would never take anything from the counter, unless you pick it up and offer it to him.

Posts: 10788 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thawed out,
thrown out
posted Hide Post
I have a Jack Russell Terrorist, about 15lbs, 16" tall and 20" long not including his ~4" tail. He was a little overambitious with his jumping capability when he was a puppy so he doesn't like to jump onto many things because of those tumbles he took when he didn't make it. He makes up for it with his quickness and dexterity.

For the most part, he doesn't take human food without my approval. Just the other day I threw away some excess cake frosting in my office wastebasket and he's big enough to look inside and that's what he did, hoping I'd give him the green light. He didn't get it but instead got some nice homemade peanut better biscuits made specially for him. He's a great little dog.

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
my lab could do it but just doesnt know he can. Or he has really good manners. Most of the time if he is missing he's in the kitchen sitting on the map with his nose pointed towards the food.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:

^^^^ Big Foot's son?

Whatever that is, he can have whatever he wants, whenever he wants it.

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
85lbs. 1/2 lab 1/2 Bernese Mountain dog. He looks like a chocolate lab except for the tail which is all Bernese.

We've got two. One 120lb Bernese Mountain Dog mutt with some collie and shepherd in him. The second is a one year old Bernese Mountain dog purebred. But she is the runt of the litter at only 75lbs at almost one year old.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I have a mutt who is only about 80 pounds, but he is very tall and lean. Looks like a coyote. On his hind legs he looks me in the eye and I'm 6'2"

The other one is 75 pounds but all solid muscle, so not nearly as tall. She is a Black Mouth Cur

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fergus was (RIP) about 6'6" on his hind legs. Irish Wolfhound. He once emptied a glass of Irish Cream from the center of the dining room table and never left his four feet. Didn't really spill any either. I miss that rug.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Luke, our Catahoula Leopard Dog, is about 70-80lbs.
Hopefully this pic isn't huge:

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15344 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Two 50 lb dogs in my house.

Posts: 5029 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
One 55 and one 65. I think 50-70 is about the ideal dog size unless you're specifically looking for a guard dog like a GSD.

Big enough to not be a little dog, small enough to pick up when they don't wanna get in the bath Razz

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
My wife and I have downsized. We used to have Boxers (several over the years, between 60-80 lbs).

Now we have a Boston Terrier - 14 lbs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1899 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Wife and I are a blended family.

Lemme see - Wolfie is ~150 lbs and his nose is 42" off the ground (high enough to determine if there is anything on the counter - butter is never safe when left out). His sister, Tara, is ~120 lbs and stockier. They are Shepard/Malamute mixed. Very friendly around those they know and extremely friendly/respectful of children.

Then two Brittanys about 40 lbs each and the boy (4 years old) can silently jump onto the counter tops when Wolfie identifies something of interest.

Then there's the 6 lb Pomeranian.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post

Don't let the good looks fool you, there is a full-on Doberman packed inside 8.5 pounds Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I have a 75-pound purebred American Dorkhound (aka, black Lab).
She's too dopey to even find the countertop.

God bless America.

Posts: 13506 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
75 pounds.

Lab and husky mix... inherited the husky personality... argh...

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Rylee is my counter surfer, 75# party color standard poodle. Things left out are fair game for him.

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post