SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bendable is Christmas Shopping
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bendable is Christmas Shopping Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
It's just before Christmas and bendable and his wife are downtown trying to finish up their shopping, when bendable's wife notices he has disappeared. They still have several stops to make, so she takes out her cell phone to find out where he's wandered off to.

"Where are you?", the wife asks, "You know we still have a lot to do."

Bendable answers back, "You remember that jewelers we went into about 10 years ago, and you fell in love with that diamond necklace, and I couldn't afford it then, but I told you someday when I could, and I'd come back and get it for you?"

Already choking up, the wife now has little tears starting to inch down her cheeks. "Yes I do remember that shop," she says.

"I'm in the gun shop next door."

================================================

You always manage to crack me up, so a little payback is in order! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Merry Christmas!

Your picture posted in Jesse's soap karma thread. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
You sure it was bendable?
I don't think there were enough proper nouns in the story. Big Grin

Posts: 1097 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:
You sure it was bendable?
I don't think there were enough proper nouns in the story. Big Grin

Oh shit! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7674 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
He's not with Merle in the feed shop?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
It's a tad to descriptive and easy to follow.... Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Bump to ensure bendable sees this. Smile

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
Good one

Posts: 1581 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:...

"I'm in the gun shop next door."...

Accross from the Shell station.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44459 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Come on bendable.... post a comment! LOL

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
And here I thought the ending was going to be...

They still have it, but I still can't afford it.

Or

That place is no longer there.

Posts: 10061 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
And here I thought the ending was going to be...

They still have it, but I still can't afford it.

Or

That place is no longer there.

All those wouldn't be humorous. bendable at a gun shop, next to a Shell station, across the street from a Feed Store, out of sight of his wife, is much more in keeping with his persona. LOL

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I laughed out loud when I read the first post, and I still chuckle every time I open this thread. Much of what is considered hilarious here just leaves me puzzled, but this one definitely tickled my funny bone.

One key to a funny joke is the unexpected, and I absolutely did not see that punchline coming. Smile

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
FWIW, I laughed out loud when I read the first post, and I still chuckle every time I open this thread. Much of what is considered hilarious here just leaves me puzzled, but this one definitely tickled my funny bone.

One key to a funny joke is the unexpected, and I absolutely did not see that punchline coming. Smile

Now if we only had some confirmation that bendable read this thread. And further whether it tickled his funny bone! Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
His wife reads this board so now he is down at the jewelry store laying out some cash from the sale of two guns at the gunshop. Big Grin

Posts: 11892 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
His wife reads this board so now he is down at the jewelry store laying out some cash from the sale of two guns at the gunshop. Big Grin

LOL Big Grin This might yet become EPIC! hahahahahahaha

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
Every time I go to my local, I wonder if he's there. He's mentioned this location specifically a few times.

Posts: 5202 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyW_L0p8l40

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55177 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
YouTube Video

Video: Andy Rooney has some advice to keep the ever-passing time at bay, Slow Down, Don't Plan, And Saver Every Minute.

:thumbsup: Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192