SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Very Random And Specific Question About A Breakfast Cereal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Very Random And Specific Question About A Breakfast Cereal Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
My favorite cold breakfast cereal for years was what was called Great Grains: Blueberry Morning. Boy that stuff was good.

I haven’t had it in forever so I asked the wife to pick some up grocery shopping this past weekend. It now is called Great Grains: Blueberry Nut Crunch but the biggest issue it’s nothing like I remember.

This tastes like Special-K with dried blueberries and some random nut flakes.

I know it’s a long shot but does anyone recall this stuff and what it used to be like? I hate when they reformulate stuff, I think they used a ton of that Clark Griswold cereal varnish because even after sitting 10 minutes with milk as I finished my coffee, it was super stiff and crunchy, almost too much so.

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Blueberry Morning has been gone for a long time and you’re right - the replacement isn’t nearly as good. We find it passable for eating (actually, better for snacking), but it’s not Blueberry Morning.

This usually happens whenever Mrs.BurtonRW finds a food product she really likes. Very frustrating.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16273 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never had Blueberry Morning but I went through the same thing with Kelloggs K19. It had tons of vitamins and minerals and the taste was above average. They discontinued it and are pushing "Special K" in its place. It tastes about the same but has 1/3 of the vitamins K19 did. I could tell a major difference in how I felt after eating both.

Posts: 829 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post