SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My company just emailed how we have to discriminate in interviewing.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My company just emailed how we have to discriminate in interviewing. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The goal is to become like China. Fill corporate and Govt with woke and then discriminate wholesale against everyone else. Purging on the non like minded and economic exile

Posts: 1408 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
Retain a labor law attorney and show him/her the email. If passed over for an opportunity for someone unqualified, see what your options are.

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Email said that there is a goal that all senior leadership positions will be 50% female by 2025 and that 37% of workforce will be people of color. We are required to choose who we interview based on these criteria.

How the hell is this legal? They basically told me that since I'm a guy I will be less likely to get a senior leadership job.

It gets even better when you get to come in and clean up the train wreck that these "diversity hires" tend to create due to their inexperience, arrogance and incompetence. I got to do that twice. Fun times.
My favorite example (this was a Fortune 100 company) from circa 1998, was the Executive Secretary that got promoted through Senior management and onto the Company Board and then retired all in about eight years. I suspect her true talent wasn't anything you'd read on a resume. I'd love to know the true backstory on that one. It sure as hell wasn't her work product as everyone got to see examples on that on occasion.

Posts: 1971 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I watched the federal government engage in this very practice back around 2000. In fact, my agency got a memo from a highly placed regional executive that opened with “discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated”, and in the very next paragraph states that all efforts to hire POC’s would ensue. A disgusting double standard.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15623 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Seems like there is a whistleblower play to be examined here

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5135 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
So, when the company goes down the crapper due to this diversity hiring policy, how good will your company provided medical coverage be? What is your Plan B?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
This is biotech. The breakdown on the goal for "people of color" is 12% black, 10% hispanic, and 14% Asian.

I have no idea how or why they had this breakdown. In the industry meeting the Asian quota is quite easy. After all, Asians are super smart in the STEM fields. We don't have many black people, certainly not 10% overall. However, I have one person that reports to me and that makes me beat the quota because I only have 5 direct reports.

Pay them well, bonus money, work hard to keep them employed under you for the remaining years and you won't have to hire or interview anyone.

Brother was VP head of an area for a large Financial Company, they wanted white males fired and people of choice (women, black) hired to replace them. He refused and quit didn't want to fire men who were in their 50's and had worked for years and this was 4 to 5 years ago...

Posts: 23576 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
Seems like there is a whistleblower play to be examined here

I’ve never seen a whistleblower program that wasn’t a complete joke. Whistleblower programs are about damage control, not about correcting failings/behavior of high ranking employees. Saw that fail repeatedly at my agency as well. The WB always ended up screwed.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15623 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I don't think I could work for a large company today.
I won't or don't have to .. but I just couldn't take the woke nonsense that goes on.
Unfortunately, so many younger people are being groomed into submission.
Very sad. Frown

Posts: 22943 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Forward to email to an aggressive labor law lawyer and see what he/she says?

Then anonymously forward the email to all the news networks you can find (local and national) and ask the same question(s)?

Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
My company also did the same thing a few years ago. In addition to you not being able to go anywhere at the company now, get ready for a parade of unqualified people and woke youngsters who don't want to work, cant handle the job, and you cant touch them with a 10 foot pole or complain about them at all.

One of my friends is a manager at a large retail company, he got in trouble with HR for writing up too many minorites. Mind you the staff is 95% minority, and the city they are in is primarily minority, but that meant nothing to them. You can only write up the white people.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10730 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I vote for riding it out. Then bail on your terms.
But:
Dont count on the promised health care. My pension plan dumped our health care, claiming the cost was not sustainable. The current system now in place consists of health care "reimbursement" plan which functions only if you use a plan offered by the folks the pension plan got in bed with.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16121 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I vote for riding it out. Then bail on your terms.
But:
Dont count on the promised health care. My pension plan dumped our health care, claiming the cost was not sustainable. The current system now in place consists of health care "reimbursement" plan which functions only if you use a plan offered by the folks the pension plan got in bed with.

Sure sounds like breach of contract to me, someday a good enough firm will try it...I hope.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Absolutely illegal. Good thing there is no more law. They can do whatever they want. Show up in drag, identify as a Woman and demand CEO a position.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6983 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Time for you to identify as a female POC. I hear lesbian Native Americans are in great demand.

Posts: 4282 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
"senior leadership position" include what level out of how many levels? if there are 7 mgmt levels, is the criteria applied to all levels? the bottom most level? The top 3 highest levels?

What level is this being sent from? Is this the top 2 levels indicating this goal for the bottom 3 levels? And if so, is the top 2 levels already meeting this criteria? If not, why not? And should this level be excluded (assuming this is a sufficiently large company - ie 100 people at level 2, 3).

What if your regional demographics is not 37% - how can you do 37% if the regional demographic is not even 37%? And even if so, seems like it should be more aligned with the demographics of people with the qualifications necessary for a particular position. For example, if 80% of the population getting biotech degrees are white males, how will you ever hire 50% female and 37% POC?

Let alone being explicit discrimination without consideration for merit and legality/ethical/sociocultural issues, how is this pragmatically possible?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12754 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quit applying logic to an emotional problem. There are enough people to meet the quotas if the requirements are changed. Govt money and Blackrock will bail out underperforming companies

Posts: 1408 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After George Floyd, my employer "committed" to achieving 10% black employees, and I think 10% hispanic. But we are already WAY overrepresented with Indians and East Asians, and there is no talk of bringing them to "parity".

In the past two years every new VP has been a woman, they've hired black executives from the outside, and a ton of the new college hires are minorities. And first thing a black female executive did is hire consultants to solve a problem that has been "solved" many times in the past, except they don't fund and follow through on the implementation.

I have to deal with two of the female executives and they are terrible. They hire and promote spineless "yes-men" and punish the best qualified and highest performing. They mentor and favor women and play catty political games against men who will not submit to being controlled. They ignore experienced subject matter experts and listen to sycophants with no experience or expertise.

All they care about is how they look the their boss and to peers with more political clout, and being attention and credit whores.

When men were in charge there was none of this. We were allowed to do our jobs and respected by our management chain and were not second guessed. We had our jobs because we were good, and they told us - do what you do best, that's why you're here, if you need someone to do it for you, you don't belong here." It's like night and day.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post