SIGforum
Has anyone done business with Metal Supermarket?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/6270094824

August 07, 2017, 02:47 PM
P220 Smudge
Has anyone done business with Metal Supermarket?
There's one not far from me, I was thinking of stopping by for some knife blank material. Seems like they're geared for construction supply on down to the hobbyist level. Anyone ever deal with this business?

August 07, 2017, 02:53 PM
Rotndad
I have if they're the same I'm thinking of. I've bought material sized to specs that I called in and picked up the next day. I've alos bought from their "scrap" pile. I bought the scrap stuff to use in the hydraulic press.

I will use them again as needed.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
August 07, 2017, 03:07 PM
Jim Shugart
Cool! There's one nearby and I didn't know that they even existed. Field trip tomorrow morning...

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
August 07, 2017, 03:13 PM
ECSquirrel
I've bought metal from them in the past in small quantities / DIY home owner stuff- never on a business level. They always seemed like good people.
August 07, 2017, 03:31 PM
220-9er
Just over the internet. There are a few others like them so I shop around when buying something specific. Most of the time I'm buying aluminum, not steel.
Also look on eBay for small quantities.

August 07, 2017, 05:55 PM
P220 Smudge
Thanks for the replies. I found them through a google search, and was wondering if they were legit. Looks like.

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Cool! There's one nearby and I didn't know that they even existed. Field trip tomorrow morning...

If you'd be willing to post how it goes, I would sure like to hear about it. I had planned to stop out this weekend, but home improvement was delegated. Hoping to make it out there Friday.

August 07, 2017, 07:20 PM
mark60
I have a Metal Supermarket locally that I've bought from and I've also bought steel and aluminum from ebay and discount steel. All good.