SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Said goodbye to the Z4 yesterday
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Said goodbye to the Z4 yesterday Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
And hello to the silver Bullet. I want to condense back down to one car but didn’t want to give up the convertible. The BMW 4-Series is really the only good sporty hard top convertible option these days. The Z4 is great but not that practical for everyday use. My GTI is a lease and goes back in a couple of months. I figure this car can do double duty as a daily driver and fun weekend cruiser.

I’m gonna miss the Z4 but this things is plenty fast. A few times I didn’t even realize I was going over 100. I really like the HUD that displays car info, speed, and navigation on the windshield. It’s a CPO with 22k on the clock. I extended the bumper to bumper upto 100k miles. It’s got every available option except for the full M-sport package. It’s gonna take me a bit to learn all the tech.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Wow! And I'm still trying to figure out the voice command on my Expedition! Confused

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8539 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Very nice! They should treat you well. My ‘18 Yukon Denali has the HUD and it’s a sweet feature indeed.

What year?

Posts: 5075 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Is that the 4 cyl or the 6 cyl? Very nice ride! Sure you will enjoy.

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
Very nice! They should treat you well. My ‘18 Yukon Denali has the HUD and it’s a sweet feature indeed.

What year?

It’s a 16

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:

4 cylinder twin power turbo. N26 motor.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dusty78,

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:

4 cylinder twin turbo.

I have an '18 230i. You have plenty of power.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16122 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
We just had our Euro delivery '18 440xi vert returned to us, just in time for Spring in Montana. You'll love the 4 series! Ours doesn't handle as well as our Z4 did, but we needed AWD and the 4 series vert was the best we could do for a hardtop convertible.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: aileron,

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
I really like the HUD in my wife's 3-series. When you select "Sport" mode, that thing flies. It does not sound like a 4-cylinder at all when full throttle and both turbos kicked in.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 987 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I’m looking at CPO 4 series as well because I want a hard top convertible next. Let us know how you like the 4 cyl. I’ve always been a six or eight guy but everyone says the new 4 is enough.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8033 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The ECU tunes look very promising. I went with RWD just cause AWD isn’t really needed here in Charlotte.

Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I've not yet experienced the HUD but used to joke with the ex- that the only NAV system she would ever be comfortable with would be fully HUD, with everything across the windshield. Full size, blinking lines outlining the road on which to drive.

Nice ride! Midnight top-down drives to the beach! And that parking lot has character too. Reminds me of Pennsylvania railroad retaining wall construction. Old manufacturing site, converted to lofts?

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Beautiful car

Posts: 13303 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
It’s really funny. I was like a detective on this car. The car has a couple of minor blemishes on the front bumper cover that is likely from parking. When I got the car fax report I noticed that this car has never been sold as new. It was sold as a certified preowned but that’s it. I also noticed that it had 5 tire replacements in 1.5 years. I also noticed a little bit of of makeup on the driver side visor. The seats are pristine so it wasn’t a heavy person driving it. I figured it was driven hard for carelessly. The makeup lead me think carelessly. I deduced that it was a demo car that was driven by either the wife or young daughter of the owner of the dealership. I was 100% correct. It was the dealership’s daughters car and I was told she wasn’t the best at avoiding pot holes. Big Grin

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
I've not yet experienced the HUD but used to joke with the ex- that the only NAV system she would ever be comfortable with would be fully HUD, with everything across the windshield. Full size, blinking lines outlining the road on which to drive.

Nice ride! Midnight top-down drives to the beach! And that parking lot has character too. Reminds me of Pennsylvania railroad retaining wall construction. Old manufacturing site, converted to lofts?

No I think this building was built in 2006ish. The garage has character too. But I know what you are talking about. I lived at the Cork Factory Lofts in Pittsburgh which were just that.

Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Here's the Mrs new toy- hopefully she'll get rid of her Jeep now. It has a Dinan Stage 2 tune that put's it North of 400HP and 450 ft•lbs of torque - a 400 HP snow shovel :-)

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Congrats. I’ve had my 428 almost 4years now and love it. No complaints whatsoever.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5762 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the two door BMW’s. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a 4 cylinder engine with two turbos.

Posts: 3933 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Presently I drive an 08 335 cabrio and am very jealous of your new ride!

Posts: 3737 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aileron:
Here's the Mrs new toy- hopefully she'll get rid of her Jeep now. It has a Dinan Stage 2 tune that put's it North of 400HP and 450 ft•lbs of torque - a 400 HP snow shovel :-)

I love the saddle brown leather