SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Restaurants in Orlando
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Restaurants in Orlando Login/Join 
Virtute et Armis
Picture of hft119
posted
Headed to Orlando, next week. Staying in the Arrezzo way area. Interested in local spots, any type of food ok.
Interested in local seafood or any other local specialities.
Thanks

NRA Benefactor
GOA

Posts: 128 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fogo De Chau is excellent rodizio but pricey. Del Frisco's is an excellent steak house but pricey. If you don't mind driving an hour or so to Titusville, Dixie Crossroads is down to earth, reasonably priced for seafood and out of this world amazing, the rock shrimp are to die for.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites in that part of the world is The Columbian. Local chain of upper end Cuban food.

Posts: 1969 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Not a local but we really enjoyed Cafe Tu Tu Tango a tapas place, very casual and Tapa Toro, a bit nicer, food was excellent but the highlight was the Flamenco dancer. I believe they are both on International. We will definitely be going back to both

Posts: 5342 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
There are so many good restaurants down that way.

Texas de Brazil for endless meat and gluttony.

Del Friscos for an amazing steak and the best wine list in Orlando.

Ocean Prime also has a really good steak, and seafood.

Rocco's Tacos, sit outside by the lake and get a margarita. The Black Diamond is my favorite.

For seafood you have lots of options. MoonFish, BigFin and Eddie V's are all really good.

And there are many more.

Posts: 2313 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
You are right by Sandlake Road. Added to all the others that are mentioned, another good choice is Roy's, for Pacific fusion, and Cedar's which is excellent Mediterranean cuisine. For sushi, you are very close to Nagoya, which is excellent.

The disadvantage to the lists you have gotten, is that Sandlake area is "high tourist" area, and will be relatively expensive, as will the restaurants on International Drive, which is also nearby.

If you are looking for more "family" priced places, you can go a bit south of where you are staying to the restaurants near the hotels on Rt. 535 (Vineland Road) where you can find Landry's which is very nice seafood, BJ's Brewhouse for beer and grill food, and even regular chains like Applebees, Uno's, etc. You won't find much "family owned" in that area as it is all vacation area.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12794 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
My favorite in Orlando is Texas de Brasil, a churrascaria restaurant.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigeinkcmo:
Columbia Restaurant, in nearby Celebration, has great Cuban food.

THIS as well, the one in Ybor City (Tampa) is Florida's oldest Cuban restaurant. Texas De Brazil is very good and solid, but I prefer Fogo a bit better.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't bother with the The Palm, it's attached to Hard Rock hotel. The wife and I split a ribeye and a whole lobster, it was just ok for $300

Posts: 5342 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Arrezzo way

Artie gave you good advice, as did others, the places we frequent are on the north side or down town and you really don't need to drive all the way up there with the options around you.

If you need a nice bourbon and cigar slip over to Corona Cigar Dr Phillips Area its just across I-4 from you,

Sand Lake Rd area is dubbed restaurant row

Restaurant Row

Posts: 23525 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
I wouldn't bother with the The Palm, it's attached to Hard Rock hotel. The wife and I split a ribeye and a whole lobster, it was just ok for $300

Eek

How many drinks did you have?

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
quote:

Eek

How many drinks did you have?

You act like you know me Big Grin

Seriously though, I think I had two Manhattans and the wife probably had a glass or two of Chianti or Gewürztraminer

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not a local but we really enjoyed Cafe Tu Tu Tango a tapas...

One of our favorites as well.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
FWIW I had THE VERY BEST spaghetti and meatballs I've ever put in my mouth in 47 years on this planet at Mama Della's which is part of the Universal resort.

I'd go back to Florida just for that.
Mama Della's Ristorante

Posts: 33845 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
To stay away from tourists, I go to Colonial Drive- (aka 50.) Linda's La Cantina. A good old school filet on cast iron but the Ribeye is good as well.

I also enjoy "Tin and Taco" at any of their locations. There are some good bar and grill spots in College park.

Café Madrid is a good Deli & Bakery that serves Cuban and PR food. Good for the $.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2111 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Titusville, Dixie Crossroads is down to earth, reasonably priced for seafood and out of this world amazing, the rock shrimp are to die for.

There are still around? Amazing, they are long time staple of fine seafood at great prices. I traveled that area extensively in the 80's and always made it a point to eat there! How cool to know they are still doing well.

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by bigeinkcmo:
Columbia Restaurant, in nearby Celebration, has great Cuban food.

THIS as well, the one in Ybor City (Tampa) is Florida's oldest Cuban restaurant. Texas De Brazil is very good and solid, but I prefer Fogo a bit better.

This is the "chain" I was referencing. Columbia not Columbian. My bad.

Posts: 1969 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Are you STILL going??? Guessing not. A hunch.

If you like Sushi, try Kabuki Sushi. It's a long Uber ride over, and doesn't look like much. But it's the best I've ever had.

Posts: 11395 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigNC:

Linda's La Cantina.
This place has been around forever. The consensus seems to be that the steaks are excellent, but the environment is terrible, crowded seating, noisy, long waits to be seated even with a reservation, long waits to be served after being seated, arrogant management, so what's not to like?

Again, the food itself is great, if you are willing to put up with all the other crap.

Parking is terrible too. The parking lot will not accommodate anywhere near the seating capacity of the restaurant.

In short, there are better choices.

I do second the recommendation for Dixie Crossroads, but it is at least a two hour round trip drive east of Orlando, to Titusville. Good selection of fresh fish and shellfish, reasonably priced, service is generally good.

Another option would be to take I-4 east and go to New Smyrna Beach, just south of Daytona. There are a couple of places (Down The Hatch comes to mind but it's not the only one) that are situated on the waterfront and have their own fishing boats. The fish that you are served was swimming around in the ocean a few hours before it hits your table. Can't get much fresher than that.

It has been a few years since I have been there, so I don't know whether this is still a menu choice, but when I was there last, a very reasonable fee would get all you can eat of whatever fish they caught the most of that day, served sort of like fish & chips. The waitress just kept coming to refill the supply until we asked her to stop.

Another place that I just remembered is in Orlando -- Boston's Fish. I always like the fried oysters there, but there are other decent choices, reasonable cost. My favorite side is the onion rings. Some of the best that I have ever had.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30711 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
I did say old school.... I have only been to Linda's a dozen or so times over the last 20 years because I prefer my own steak. It is exactly what I expect from a crappy old steakhouse with good steak. Never had the issues with service that vtail mentions but I DO eat when my body says- not the clock.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2111 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post