SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2024 NCAA Football Survival Pool...Week 2
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2024 NCAA Football Survival Pool...Week 2 Login/Join 
Picture of jmtgsx
posted
One picker, Redhookbklyn, failed to survive the first week. Thanks for playing, please come back next August.
To all the rest, your task this, (and every) week is to pick an unbeaten team that's playing this week, and post it in the weekly thread.
Best of luck!

Post your week 2 picks in this thread.

Redeemed!

Posts: 337 | Location: Broken Arrow, OK | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
Week 1 - Bowling Green
Week 2 - Ball State Cardinals over Missouri State Bears

Posts: 841 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Arkansas
Week 2: Arizona

Posts: 1164 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmtgsx
posted Hide Post
Just for reference, I'll repost the rules:

Rules
1) Pick one college FBS team per week.
2) The team you pick MUST BE UNDEFEATED and PLAYING THIS WEEK.
3) Once you pick a team you MAY NOT PICK THEM AGAIN.
4) If your pick loses you're out. You only advance to the next week if your pick wins.
5) If you fail to pick in a given week, you're out.
6) Last player standing wins.
7) Picks must be posted in that week's thread.
8) If all the undefeated teams lose in a given week or no survivors can advance to the next week, the tie breaker is the player who posted earliest in that week's thread.
9) Each succeeding week, post your pick for that week, as well as those of your previous picks. This helps YOU not to repeat a pick.
10) If you decide to change a pick, don’t edit the original post, just make a new post. I use the last post you make for your pick. This will also affect tie breaker (Rule 8)
11) Be very clear with your pick. Follow the name format of ESPN Conference Standings. (i.e. OSU could be Ohio State, Oklahoma State, or Oregon State)
12) Schedule weeks are per ESPN.
13) Keeping up with your picks is part of the game. If someone picks a team that has a loss or is not playing that week, don't feel it is your civic duty to point out the error of their ways.
14) Pick must be in thread before kickoff of your game.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/schedule

Post your Week 2 picks in this thread.

Redeemed!

Posts: 337 | Location: Broken Arrow, OK | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
jmtgxs: Thanks for doing this for the SIGforum. Look forward to it every fall!

Posts: 841 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Week 1 - Michigan State
Week 2 - Ohio State

Posts: 1517 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Where’s the door?

Wait, I remember from last year!

Good luck all and have fun.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1995 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Toledo over Duquesne
Week 2: TCU over Long Island

Posts: 10811 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Washington State
Week 2: UNLV

Posts: 7418 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Baylor
Week 2: UNLV

Posts: 846 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Washington State
Week 2: Oregon State

Posts: 11105 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Week 1) USF
Week 2) TOLEDO over UMASS

Posts: 2061 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Week 1. Kentucky
Week 2. Indiana

Posts: 13595 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Week 1: SMU over Nevada
Week 2: James Madison over Gardner-Webb

Posts: 803 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Week 1: UCF
Week 2: UAB

Posts: 24339 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Week 1 - UTSA Roadrunners over Kennesaw St.
Week 2 - Penn State over Bowling Green

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24636 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ch23701
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Purdue
Week 2: Indiana University

Posts: 276 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: September 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Syracuse Orange
Week 2: North Texas Mean Green

As I leave this up here, a point of clarification please from prior week?

quote:
Originally posted by jmtgsx:
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
I know our picks have to be FBS, but can their opponent be FCS or D2?

Yes, as long as it is on the ESPN FBS Schedule. You are welcome to pick the FCS to upset, but there has to be an FBS team playing.

Good question!

You mention you can pick the FCS to upset. Is it acceptable to pick the FBS team to win over FCS instead? Per the rules we have to pick an FBS team, so I assume this is fine?
The reply saying we could pick an FCS team to win was confusing, to me at least, since it would fail rule 1.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Georgeair,

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12706 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. Texas

2. Ole Miss

Posts: 666 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lithog
posted Hide Post
1. Memphis over North Alabama
2. Georgia over Tennessee Tech

---------------------------
"Welcome to Tennessee, patron state of shootin' stuff." Bob Lee Swagger, THE SHOOTER

Posts: 1225 | Location: Memphis,Tenn.,USA | Registered: October 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post