SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help Needed, Finding A Part -- UPDATE: Looks Like HRK Found It.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help Needed, Finding A Part -- UPDATE: Looks Like HRK Found It. Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
UPDATE: It looks like HRK identified this correctly, so the search has ended successfully.

SIGforum came through, once again!
Does anybody recognize this? Can you tell me where to buy them?

It looks sort of like an external tooth lock washer.

It is used to retain a bearing in the vacuum motor, in our rental carpet cleaners.

I'd like to get a box of 50 or 100 or however they are packaged, so that we will have them on the shelf to use as needed when we re-build the motors.

To date, I have tried Ace Hardware, True Value Hardware, and Fastenal. None of these vendors have been able to help.

The ID of the part is 3/4"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: V-Tail,

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you contacted the carpet cleaner manufacturer? Perhaps they can contact the pump manufacturer.

You've got to know what to do when you don't know what to do.

Posts: 364 | Location: SML-VA | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
I buy them at my local industrial supply. They also have a stamped variety that has finer teeth but will work just the same they are around $.02 each.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SMLgraybeard:
Have you contacted the carpet cleaner manufacturer? Perhaps they can contact the pump manufacturer.
The manufacturer (Thermax) has changed hands several times since the founder of the company died. We used to be a distributor, the new owners are not honoring previous relationships and are not easy to deal with.

In any event, they did not manufacture the vacuum motors, they sourced the part from another manufacturer, for whom we also used to be a distributor until they changed their sales model. Now they won't talk to us directly, they refer us to other distributors, who just want to take orders for new units and will not discuss small repair parts.

These retainers are not made by the vacuum motor manufacturers, they are a purchased off-the-shelf part; I am trying to find the source. I need to do an independent search, as nobody in the vacuum motor sales hierarchy wants to talk to us about small repair parts.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
McMaster-Carr has just about every fastener that you could want. We buy a lot of hardware and shop supplies from them.

www.mcmaster.com

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ewills:
McMaster-Carr has just about every fastener that you could want. We buy a lot of hardware and shop supplies from them.

www.mcmaster.com
I did not find the part in their catalog, I sent them an email with the photo. We'll see if they reply.

UPDATE: We can rule them out.
quote:
Email reply from McMaster-Carr:

We are not able to identify the part in your photo.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ewills:
Try here:

https://www.prospectfastener.c...king-internal-series
Looks like they have something similar, but I did not see 3/4" ID size listed. I sent them an email, standing by, hoping for a response.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
V-Tail,
Is this a retainer or more like a spacer with a slight cup shape built in to take up space and keep the armature from shifting end to end?
If it is then it is a variation on what is usually called a wave washer.
Maybe a bearing supply house could help.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
Google this:

Push fit retaining clip internal

Guessing it is used to retain a sight glass.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
Here are some specs.

This look likes it from McMaster carr

Select push rings, then select internal from the left column.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Have you looked at ereplacementparts.com?

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3853 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
maybe
copper state
http://copperstate.com/

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54647 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Click on the Internal push ring link at the top left. they have various sizes available.

Its called an Internal Push Retainer/Ring

Scroll down the left size you will see sizes, click 3/4 and there are a couple of options

https://www.mcmaster.com/#push-retainers/=1e50drx

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Click on the Internal push ring link at the top left. they have various sizes available.

Its called an Internal Push Retainer/Ring

Scroll down the left size you will see sizes, click 3/4 and there are a couple of options

https://www.mcmaster.com/#push-retainers/=1e50drx
BINGO! That sure looks like it, despite the email reply from McMaster-Carr, stating that "we were unable to identify the part."

Best thing, there is a link to installation tool. Martin-who-works-with-me, is the guy who has the talent to rebuild these motors, and he told me that he needed a supply of these rings and the installation tool. I had no idea what he was talking about, but now I see it. Looks like we're all set, I'll confirm with Martin when I see him tomorrow.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים