SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chateau in France with an incredible collection of vehicles including 100 fighter jets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chateau in France with an incredible collection of vehicles including 100 fighter jets Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted
It's a 700 year old chateau in France owned by an ex pilot and race car driver. If it has wheels he's probably got it. Lot's of French jets of course. Really too many to list. A few I saw are:

Mirage in virtually all flavors, Ouragon, Mystere, Super Mystere B2, Vautour's. Two Jaguars and Magister trainers.

There is a G.91, not sure of the variant.

F-80, F-84, F-84F, an F-86K. A W.German F-86F. F-100's, F-104's, F-105, F-8's.
There is even a Belgian F-16 with no engine in it (other stuff is stripped as well) there.

British Meteors, in several flavors. A English Electric Lightning, Hunter's and a BAE Hawk.

Lots of Mig's. My God the MiGs. 15's, 17's, 19's, 21's, 23's and maybe a 27. Su-7, Su-17, Su-22.

A smattering of helicopters of U.S. or Soviet production.

Motorcycles, bicycles, tractors, a HUGE Fiat/Abarth collection.

A fire truck collection. Myriad aircraft parts, engines. For some reason, a lot of landing gear assemblies.

I haven't even begun to see all the pics.

There are a metric ton of tourist pics at this link.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 83v45magna,

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Re: “owned by an ex pilot and race car driver.”

I had no idea such folks could be that wealthy.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8986 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Re: “owned by an ex pilot and race car driver.”

I had no idea such folks could be that wealthy.

I'm thinking those were just hobbies.

Posts: 7366 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Now that’s a proper collection of toys!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21118 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
I am not familiar with that Chateau, but that is in the Burgundy region of France. Some of the most valuable land in the world.

Posts: 2311 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Wow, the jets....
And the old MV Agusta motorcycle is a pretty penny.

Too many Ferrari's to list off.
I saw license plates on a lot of them.
I would love to drive a few.

Posts: 5029 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
An impressive looking and odd collection. Looks like the owner died in 2021.

He has a few significant planes mixed in there (F-16 for example) but a lot of lesser planes and cars too.

The red cars are mostly Abarth (Fiat based) cars, not old Ferrari's. They just look like that at quick glance.

In any case, not something you see everyday and must be a tourist attraction.

https://www.outtraveler.com/fr...-chateau-jets-winery

Posts: 9528 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Yea, I looked up Abarth after looking at the mega load of pictures.
Half of the pictures of the Abarth racecars on Wikipedia were in that collection at the Chateau.

I wonder how much of that collection runs?

Posts: 5029 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
From a quick search. Looks like he was a French Wine Maker. Most of the money probably came from that.

Nice collection though!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8856 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
You can see out the intake from the afterburner can on that F-16.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post