SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Too Much Fun - Functional Wooden Thompson Toy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Too Much Fun - Functional Wooden Thompson Toy Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted

This thing just tickles the shit out of me. For one thing, the design, engineering and production quality is amazing. All laser cut out of plywood sheets, all mortise-and-tenon assembly other than a few screws here and there, and fully functional.

There are little wooden dowels you can load in the drum magazine to simulate cartridges which actually eject when you pull the trigger.

You can load up to 12 of the supplied rubber bands and it goes full auto when you pull the trigger, firing the rubber bands sequentially and ejecting a "cartridge" with each cycle of the bolt.

Excellent instructions, I really enjoyed assembling it, and giggle like a 10 year old girl at a pajama party when I fire it.

Available Here

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15527 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks cool! I'm sure thar it did make you giggle.

Looks very well made.

ARman

Posts: 3216 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
They also have a bunch of wooden models that look like they'd be fun to build, clocks, vehicles, more guns, etc. Perhaps a new pastime/obsession for those of us who don't already have too much to do.

Posts: 6791 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I have a few cars from uGears, very similar concept.

Sometimes frustrating to assemble, but overall fun.
I usually don't do all the sanding/waxing, as they're static display for me.
The racecar & army jeep look good, might add them to my list

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16013 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
They also have a bunch of wooden models that look like they'd be fun to build, clocks, vehicles, more guns, etc. Perhaps a new pastime/obsession for those of us who don't already have too much to do.

Yeah, I can see it getting expensive. This is my third, daughter bought me a steam loco and a Desert Eagle for Christmas.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15527 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me likey a LOT!!!

Posts: 6717 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post