SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone from the forum work for Chipotle? (update page 4 and 5) to add....GOT IT!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone from the forum work for Chipotle? (update page 4 and 5) to add....GOT IT! Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
You never know.

I have had several experiences where I was trying to achieve something, get hired, win a competition, mating rituals, etc.

One was a a job situation. Despite being super well qualified and deserving, I did not get it. It would have involved moving to another city. I was very unhappy about it, what bad luck! Then one day a month or so later, my law school study buddy mentioned a job opening he had heard about. I went down, applied, was hired on the spot and in the fullness of time realized how lucky I was to not have gotten what I thought I wanted.

Churchill, when a young Army officer, dislocated his shoulder that bothered him his entire life. He wrote about it:

"This accident was a serious piece of bad luck. However, you never can tell whether bad luck may not after all turn out to be good luck. Perhaps if in the charge of Omdurman I had been able to use a sword, instead of having to adopt a modern weapon like a Mauser pistol, my story might not have got so far as the telling. One must never forget when misfortunes come that it is quite possible they are saving one from something much worse; or that when you make some great mistake, it may very easily serve you better than the best-advised decision. Life is a whole, and luck is a whole, and no part of them can be separated from the rest."

So, put it behind you and get ready for the next moves that likely will work out better then you can imagine.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Is it too late to short their stock?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A little Schadenfreude for Ronin 1069. LInk:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...a-store-13-sick.html

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
A little Schadenfreude for Ronin 1069. LInk:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...a-store-13-sick.html

LOL - Thanks!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
So this happened today....

Rats fall from Texas Chipotle ceiling....

At a Chipotle Mexican Grill in Dallas, it wasn’t the food that customers found revolting – it was the sight of falling rats.

The rodents began raining down from the ceiling inside the chain’s eatery on North Market Street in the city’s West End, customers told a local NBC affiliate.

“If we would have been sitting at the table next to that it definitely would have fell on top of our food,” said Daniela Ornelas, who was eating lunch with her boyfriend.

“I just kept wondering what it was and I kept looking around until I looked at the floor, and I saw three rats, and I ran,” she added.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
<UPDATE>

Two legit offers on the table. Money is outstanding for both.

Choice A is the responsible secure choice that I can do in my sleep.

Choice B is my literal dream job, but has the potential to fail if I don't execute perfectly.

It's nice to have options. Really nice.

More details to follow....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
The proverbial ass between two bales of hay. Nice situation to have. Security is important to many people. Age, your financial situation and your family are important as well. I hope you have some time to think it over.

In these situations I like to discuss it with several close friends that know me well, and then make the choice. Once you do, do not look back. When I was young and had no children the dream job would be my pick.

Happy for you. Let us know what happens.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Good for you. Best of luck with your new job, whichever one you choose.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Just a random thought out of the blue: When I started thinking about "safe" choices my career essentially all but stagnated.

Re: Chipotle. They probably did you a favour. That chain is developing a decidedly unsavoury reputation. My wife and I haven't even thought about entering a Chipotle, lately. Heck: One night we wandered into a Wendy's that was having a "sewer problem." It literally smelled like s**t. And the girl behind the counter was obviously sick as a dog--handling food. We haven't been into a Wendy's since. That was more than twenty years ago. So you can imagine in what regard we hold Chipotle.

Re: Your chosen career: Hospitality. I've had some friends in that field in the past. I got the impression it's a difficult one. Good luck!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Regrets are often borne from "safe" choices.

And the occasional failure is a regular part of life.

No one, much, wins the big games - life - what have you - without both risks and losses.

Obviously, there are times when it's decidedly not a smart move, and I've no idea of your circumstances or what the downstream effects of such a failure could be, if it even occurred, but unless you're facing serious, serious reasons not to... take that risk. Rise to the occasion.

Or not.

Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 46and2,

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
<UPDATE>
Choice B is my literal dream job, but has the potential to fail if I don't execute perfectly.

Congratulations.

Here's a prediction. You'll pick B, and execute. Smile

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

I told you so.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Great news!

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Standing by for an update.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30672 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I'm happy you have choices and they are both profitable.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
It's nice to have options. Good luck!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Congrats Ronin, well deserved!

If you pick A might you always wonder about B?

If you pick B and it doesn't work out (it will, but in case it doesn't) wouldn't it be likely that more jobs like A will still be around?

Best of luck with your decision.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I had this exact same thing happen last year.

I don't know if I chose the best option, I guess I never will, but I am very happy with what I am doing and I am almost recovered financially from all those years of hardship.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Easy for me to say, but if I had it to do over I would go for my dream. I went safe and while I provide for my family, I wonder what if every day of my life.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post