SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has anyone looked at their state's reciprocity map lately?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone looked at their state's reciprocity map lately? Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

Does it allow you o select NON resident CCL's?

Yes.

Thanks!
Sold!

I also just purchased the App. Thanks

Living the Dream

Posts: 4033 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
What the hell happened to Minnesota?

Utah was honored there for a long time

Really? I don't recall when they honored our permit.

According to my app though, Minnesota somewhat recently dropped AR, OH, OK, and TN. What's up, Minnesota?

We ARE talking about the state that RE-elected Al Franken...right? What's the mystery? BTW, they don't honor my Wyoming permit either. It's all on them.

Posts: 13565 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
They used to honor Utah non resident. My wife's whole family is from
Minnesota and I used to carry there on that permit. I have Florida non resident as well and I got Utah specifically because one of the two states Utah gave me that Florida did not was Minnesota (the other was Washington state).

I haven't been up there for 3 years so I haven't checked recently

quote:
quote:

According to my app though, Minnesota somewhat recently dropped AR, OH, OK, and TN. What's up, Minnesota?

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder about some of these app's. Maine, NH and Vermont are all now constitutional carry. You don't need a permit or reciprocity, but many of those maps don't show that.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11164 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I wonder about some of these app's. Maine, NH and Vermont are all now constitutional carry. You don't need a permit or reciprocity, but many of those maps don't show that.

This app does account for states with constitutional carry.

Here it shows what states you can carry in without any permits selected.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
They used to honor Utah non resident. My wife's whole family is from
Minnesota and I used to carry there on that permit. I have Florida non resident as well and I got Utah specifically because one of the two states Utah gave me that Florida did not was Minnesota (the other was Washington state).

I haven't been up there for 3 years so I haven't checked recently

quote:
quote:

Minnesota droped Utah about a year ago, right after I traveled to SC to get the nonresident Utah. Not one single certified instructor in NC for Utah. And of course MN does not recognize NC. So, I had to fly to MN early on a business trip, take a class in Sunday and visit a county sheriff on Monday morning. It was a royal pain, but I can now carry on my frequent visits to MN. All compete BS.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
For me, the biggest pain in the ass was that NV didn't reciprocate with my CA permit, but NV started recently accepting non-resident AZ permits so I got one of those.

NV started accepting non-resident AZ permits again. They've dropped them before and could drop them again. It's actually the whole reason why I originally got the AZ permit was just for NV. Was super happy when they started recognizing them again.

Alan, are you keeping your AZ non-resident now? From what I see it only gains you South Carolina now that Nevada is recognizing the Utah permit again. I suppose double coverage can't hurt, especially in these states like NV that keep moving the reciprocity goal post.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8273 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
For me, the biggest pain in the ass was that NV didn't reciprocate with my CA permit, but NV started recently accepting non-resident AZ permits so I got one of those.

NV started accepting non-resident AZ permits again. They've dropped them before and could drop them again. It's actually the whole reason why I originally got the AZ permit was just for NV. Was super happy when they started recognizing them again.

Alan, are you keeping your AZ non-resident now? From what I see it only gains you South Carolina now that Nevada is recognizing the Utah permit again. I suppose double coverage can't hurt, especially in these states like NV that keep moving the reciprocity goal post.

Actually, I had checked the AZ resident permit by accident instead of the non-resident permit. SC doesn't recognize a non-resident AZ permit apparently​. However, my AZ permit does give me New Mexico which UT doesn't. So that's nice that I have the Southwest covered.

And anyway, with NV being so fickle, it doesn't hurt to have some redundancy like you said.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Wow, I have not looked closely for years, but this year decided to let my FL lapse. The road trip to WY and MT camping seems nearly CCW permitted.

How accurate are web sites like this?

https://www.usacarry.com/conce...eciprocity_maps.html

[IMG]https://avatarhost.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/2017-pa-reciprocity-map.png[/IM
Wa and Oregon do not reciprocate, to my knowledge.

Posts: 3260 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:

Exactly. Maine is not updated on the first or second of the maps I posted.

Effective October 15, 2015, Public Law 2015, Chapter 327 (LD 652), “An Act To Authorize the Carrying of Concealed Handguns without a Permit,” allows a person who is not otherwise prohibited from possessing a firearm to carry a concealed handgun in the State of Maine without a permit.
www.maine.gov/dps/msp/licenses/weapons_permits.html

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The constant changes and reviews are stupid. There should at least be a new list published by every state Jan 1 that remains in effect for the entire year.

Posts: 9023 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I am just glad that all the states I drive through and visit are now green. I can now go to Georgia and legally carry with my Virginia permit. So that is a plus.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3659 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post