SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    PSA for Chik-a-fila
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA for Chik-a-fila Login/Join 
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted
Chicken Tortilla soup is back. Delicious and highly recommended. Thick, meaty and I'll say it again delicious.

Try one you won't be disappointed

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1378 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Its good but the spicy kick gets to me. Starts off good then the heat builds to an unbearable heat.

Posts: 18040 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

Oh, now I want to try it.

I love heat and heat loves me!

The heater, the beater.

(I was born in Chula Vista, and had a Mexican baby sitter, who cooked very spicy eats, so I started early. If my mother would have been facing the other way on the delivery table, I'd be "sigchango")

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43908 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
"Chik-a-fila?"

This stuff MUST be spicy! Big Grin

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2841 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
^^^

Oh, now I want to try it.

I love heat and heat loves me!

The heater, the beater.

(I was born in Chula Vista, and had a Mexican baby sitter, who cooked very spicy eats, so I started early. If my mother would have been facing the other way on the delivery table, I'd be "sigchango")

Now I want to try it also. I’m the oddball who doesn’t get the love affair with this place. I think the politics might have something to do with it. Then again I rarely eat fast food because my wife is a great cook so I’m not sure if this place is good or it’s good compared to other fast food.

Definitely worth a try because I love spicy food and have never tried anything at a fast food joint that I thought was too hot.

Posts: 3926 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
That places makes me run to the devil's seat. I'll take Popeye's all day

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I had subject soup last night. We stopped at a well-run CFA after working an accident. The place was crazy loud with a billion kids under the age of 13. And, the soup was okay. What wasn’t okay was the restaurant condition and service level. These guys were slammed all day, and do a crazy drive-through business. But, there is no excuse for trash cans that were overflowing, and chicken nuggets placed at the hand sanitizer dispensers. Nor was there a reason for my partner’s soup delay of some ten minutes. No service, no cleanliness, high cost ($12?) for a soup and sandwich and drink. I don’t care how wonderful CFA is politically, they need to ensure every customer experience is to their standards.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
The CFA near me is clean, well-run, efficient, and the staff are excellent. The line for the drive-thru runs smoothly and fast. Food is great.

I don't get the chicken tortilla soup--it's not my thing. But the regular chicken noodle soup is fantastic--lots of chicken and very tasty. I'm also fond of the nuggets. I get the sandwich without pickles, though--I don't like dill.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. Going to be traveling soon and that's a really viable lunch option.
FWIW the Costco Tortilla soup is really good as well and should be coming back "in season" .

Posts: 1963 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear 4mul8er,

Retail and food service are among the worst hit by the employee shortage crisis .

I'd bet some money that they were as many as four people short ,when you visited ,
Heck maybe even six people short

If you visit 12 stores and 12 restaurant s out here in the corn belt,
you will see "help wanted /needed" signs on all of them.

It's no where near " business as usual" around here, not in $10.00 fast food places or $32.00 a plate fine dining places.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54661 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Dear 4mul8er,

Retail and food service are among the worst hit by the employee shortage crisis .

I'd bet some money that they were as many as four people short ,when you visited ,
Heck maybe even six people short

If you visit 12 stores and 12 restaurant s out here in the corn belt,
you will see "help wanted /needed" signs on all of them.

It's no where near " business as usual" around here, not in $10.00 fast food places or $32.00 a plate fine dining places.

The one near my work closed the dine in section for a few weeks in August/September timeframe. Couldn't find enough employees, so they went drive thru only for a while.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
last time I ate there I left the sandwich in the foil bag too long and it was a soggy mess not good at all. the chicken piece seemed to thick. going to give them another try first couple of times were great.

Posts: 5600 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The one near my work closed the dine in section for a few weeks in August/September timeframe. Couldn't find enough employees, so they went drive thru only for a while.[/QUOTE]

The one nearest us is still drive through only, with a greatly reduced menu. It continues to do all the business it can handle, and the last two times I’ve visited my order was wrong both times.

Posts: 26922 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post