SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dedicated wireless address label printer?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dedicated wireless address label printer? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
I’m looking for a small printer to print up to approx 2x3” labels from my iPhone or iPad.

A receipt printer would be okay too, but I’d like it to print from the Notes app or similar.

Why? Because labels are cool!

Worse comes to worse a quality desktop model would be ok. It just much more convenient via a mobile than getting the laptop booted up. Hahaha.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Don't have a specific model but look at Epson and Dymo.
I use an Epson LW-PX800 for cabling wires and it has good device software.
The key is finding a printer that is networking capable.

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have a printer already or one you like, a wireless print server is only $50 or less.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I do have a nice HP that’s wireless etc., but I’m looking for a small format portable type.

The reviews are all over for the Brother and Dymo.

Something like this, but it seems limited:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P...aWxfdGhlbWF0aWM&th=1

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
Something like this, but it seems limited:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P...aWxfdGhlbWF0aWM&th=1
That's pretty sweet. I could use that to leave receipts at customer houses.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

When you get the network-capable printer, give it a DHCP reservation, and it will always have the same IP address.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
When I looked a couple years ago, Brother seemed to be the way to go.

I ended up with a QL-820NWB, which uses label rolls up to 2.4” wide (so plenty for address labels, but not UPS label size - the QL-1110NWB will do 4” wide for shipping labels). You can connect to it via USB, Bluetooth, or WiFi.

It has been very easy to use and I haven’t had any problems with it in a light-duty home use setting.

The QL-820 (but NOT QL-1110) apparently has an optional battery attachment for completely cord-free use.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post