SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can you tell from this pic what caliber I was shooting?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can you tell from this pic what caliber I was shooting? Login/Join 
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
10mm

Posts: 4101 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
ArmA2 M119 "Willie Pete"?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Yep. Caught one between the side of my safety glasses and my cheek once. Left a nice mark.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I’ve never ejected an empty out of a revolver fast enough that the brass was hot enough to burn to burn like that. I’m guessing something like a .223 or a .308 out of a semi-auto, depending on how big your arm is.

THAT is the reason I guessed the brass was ejected from a lever action or semi-auto.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it’s only takes a second or two for a brass case to transfer a lot of it’s heat to the cylinder in a revolver. Sure, it comes out warm, but not blistering hot like out of a semi-auto rifle. Those cases get ejected far too fast to transfer heat, so they come out much hotter.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe 6-8 months ago I took my 16 year old cousin shooting the AR. I was standing next to him at the bench and a piece of hot 223 brass landed on my arm and left perfect 223 case mark scar on my arm

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Years ago I was taking a shooting class, and two of the students were middled-aged women. Both women were dressed in loose open type poly clothing, with one wearing a blouse with an open neck line, showing a tiny bit of cleavage.

During one string of fire I heard a small wince and the two women were laughing because a spent shell had hit her in this area and left a slight burn mark.

My sister and I were shooting at a public outdoor range some years back. It was hot outside, she was wearing a tank top. A piece of either 22lr or 9mm hot brass lodged itself between her tits ... I ain't ever in my life seen someone jump around like that. I thought she was having some kind of seizure or something.

Once I found out what the hell she was jumping around about, I kinda felt bad, but not bad enough to keep little brother from laughing his ass off at her unfortunate situation.

The water in Washington won't clear up until we get the pigs out of the creek~Senator John Kennedy

Posts: 987 | Location: Richmond, KY | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post