SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trump must hang: Fresno State University Professor
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump must hang: Fresno State University Professor Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
A guy in Fresno disparaging flyover country is a bit rich.
As a former California resident, I can say that if God wanted to give California an enema then Fresno State is where He would plug in the hose.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23257 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Some background on good ol' Lars from Fresno State...

This, I know, will come as a shock:
quote:
Courses Taught:
History 129T: Topics in Intellectual History - Marx and Hegel for Historians

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
....“If only Mary had had an abortion! We would have been spared this Clerical-Fascist crap. #His Glory my ass!”

The name seems to be German origin, I wonder what ethnic roots might be under that, to prompt such a statement.

You do realize you just lumped 25+/- of the U.S. population, including the President of the United States, in to this clown's bovine excrement spewing line of thought?

I'm German and rest assured, I had to do a double take on this clown's Mary statement. WTF?

This is a scumbag Bolshevik's usual bovine excrement. Ethnic origin has nothing to do with it.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
I think it's real simple. Threatening the President is a Federal offense, investigate the threat, develop probable cause then arrest and prosecute him, regardless if he is a Professor or a Janitor; also it doesn't matter what party or whom the President is.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by icom706:
quote:
quote:
....“If only Mary had had an abortion! We would have been spared this Clerical-Fascist crap. #His Glory my ass!”

The name seems to be German origin, I wonder what ethnic roots might be under that, to prompt such a statement.

You do realize you just lumped 25+/- of the U.S. population, including the President of the United States, in to this clown's bovine excrement spewing line of thought?

I'm German and rest assured, I had to do a double take on this clown's Mary statement. WTF?

This is a scumbag Bolshevik's usual bovine excrement. Ethnic origin has nothing to do with it.

My roots come from Saxony Germany, I was not trying to ping on Germans. His stmt “If only Mary had an abortion!....” seemed to me to be a sordid attack on Christ. I was wondering if he might have some other cultural underpinnings that are strongly anti Christian.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:....This, I know, will come as a shock:
quote:
Courses Taught:
History 129T: Topics in Intellectual History - Marx and Hegel for Historians

I can't double bold MARX, so I will repeat it.

He also researches/teaches political economics. I wonder, in his view, which provides better peace/prosperity/freedom, Communism or Fascism?

I also wonder, how would this have been handled had a college instructor done the same re Obama?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I did a little further research on this story too. Maischak (BTW, that doesn't appear to be German to me) has now apologized and deleted his Twitter account.

The university president appreciates him taking "accountability" for his actions. He goes on to say that the investigation continues.

Apparently, saying you're sorry and deleting your Twitter account is what passes for "accountability" nowadays.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Apparently, saying you're sorry and deleting your Twitter account is what passes for "accountability" nowadays.

Oh no, his punishment will be much more than that.
I'm certain he will have to watch a twenty minute sensitivity training video. Roll Eyes

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
As a former California resident, I can say that if God wanted to give California an enema then Fresno State is where He would plug in the hose.
Hmmm, I guess I was wrong. I always thought that location was Barstow, but based on this idiot's comments, I stand corrected.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
The Fresno Bee reports that the FBI and Secret Service are both investigating lecturer Lars Maischak for tweeting that “Trump must hang” to save democracy.

http://www.breitbart.com/calif...ump-must-hang-tweet/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did a little further research on this story too. Maischak (BTW, that doesn't appear to be German to me) has now apologized and deleted his Twitter account.

The university president appreciates him taking "accountability" for his actions. He goes on to say that the investigation continues.

Yeah, Maischak seems more like a Slav name.

Posts: 5756 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
And again I say, is there a huge mental illness problem in this country? You bet there is.

Personally, I think nukeandpave got it right. Fire said 'prof', and drop his elitist ass off in the middle of flyover country so he can better get to know the people.

+1

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Maischak, who is a history lecturer

quote:
Fresno State will not say whether the professor has tenure or whether or not he is still in the classroom.

Do lecturers typically get tenure? I always thought they were the entry-level guys who basically had no job protection whatsoever.

Either way, this guy seems to truly get his thrills out of being a prime douche.

quote:
“What would you do if your country has been hijacked by a gang of crazed homicidal fanatics? You storm the cockpit #Flight93”

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Tenure?" I don't care. Whatever it takes to can his ass

You will be glad to know Lars isn't a Professor, he is a Lecturer. This means he does not have tenure, and can be fired without more effort than it takes to fire a secretary.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Hmmm, I guess I was wrong. I always thought that location was Barstow, but based on this idiot's comments, I stand corrected.
If they ever split that state into 2 states, I think Barstow will become the southern state's sphincter.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23257 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by icom706:
quote:
quote:

My roots come from Saxony Germany, I was not trying to ping on Germans. His stmt “If only Mary had an abortion!....” seemed to me to be a sordid attack on Christ. I was wondering if he might have some other cultural underpinnings that are strongly anti Christian.

My wife is German, imported from there many years ago. I speak German. When I/we were still over there, this nutjob's name would not have looked "German".

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post