SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What band hooked you?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What band hooked you? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Distant Past: Boston
Recent past: Crowded House
Nowadays: Low Cut Connie

Posts: 33829 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Pantera blew me away the first time I heard Walk. Got all their studio albums after that.

Posts: 13744 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Led Zeppelin was first but Van Halen really got me hooked.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Steely Dan.

my earliest musical memories are of hearing Steely Dan or Dave Brubeck (Take 5 album) on my fathers Zenith console LP player,

still have both albums,
still have the Zenith

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The Glitch Mob

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31455 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Probably the Beach Boys but the first LP that I bought was The Animals first album. The Ventures and The Kingston Trio were in the mix as well.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Metallica's AJFA and Iron Maiden's Powerslave albums changed my life. I'd listen to those cassettes over and over again until I had every note and lyric memorized.
Those two albums inspired me to start playing guitar and are still a huge part of my playing style.

Posts: 10850 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ramones and AC/DC....Two bands I loved the first time I heard them and still listen to today.

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Dire Straits. "Sultans" still has some of the best guitar work around.

Posts: 11362 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
ABBA, and the Moody Blues.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Sons of the Pioneers.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
The Doobie Brothers when led by Tom Johnston.

You know, before Michael McDonald took over and ruined their sound.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Metallica. I heard “One” and “Blackened” and was immediately and forever forged in the metal fires. That album gets panned by the band and a lot of purists for being so guitar-centric in the mix and not so cohesive, but it’s a riff salad that turned a lot of people into guitar players. Justice set me on the path, no question about it.

Posts: 17166 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Glen Miller.

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Siegel-Schwall Band

I think it was the wine. Smile

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kAwum6NuTI

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16228 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Not in any particular order. David Bowie, QUEEN, Iron maiden, Skid Row, Bullit boys, Cinderella, Motley crue.

Posts: 2877 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath, really.

My first music love was KISS, but I soon realized they were all show and no substance and I moved onto other more talented acts.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
The Beatles, back when I was just a wee child Cool

That got me started down the path.....

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My buddy’s older brother liked Def Leppard’s High 'n' Dry album. I heard it often when at their house but it didn’t hook me. Then Pyromania came out and I was hooked from the first time I heard it. Might have been my first cassette purchase.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23286 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Killers are a fun band to see live.

Have seen them 3 times - Vegas, Atlanta, Raleigh.

------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post