SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Granite counters or...?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Granite counters or...? Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
About $80 a square foot installed with 5 sinks. We'll supply the faucets.

Holy shitballs Batman. At $80/sq/ft, I would have custom glass tops done. There is a guy locally that makes custom glass tops, 2” thick, textured on the underside and then painted. It’s hard to describe, but my god they are beautiful. He’s kind of an odd guy, no website I can find. Word of mouth is where his business comes from. I think he’s in that range or less.

I’ll try to find some pics.
It’s Betelgeuse Studios in Cottonwood AZ.
The guy really is an artist.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4365 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Granite!!!!!!!

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback so far. Just a thought as I recently moved, my realtor shot down alot of "improvements" we pitched to him as people who move in may not like what you picked out or might plan to just change everything anyways. Might be good to see what your realtor thinks. My guy was right, we had over full price in less than a week. Felt like I busted my butt enough with the work I put in but I'm glad I didnt pay for or work on anythinng I didnt need to change.

I think I'll likely go granite. Thanks for the Blue Pearl suggestion, I like that, Volga blue and Suelo Marino and then Bianco Antico which is what our last tops were. Didnt think I'd like white tops but turns out I did. Lots to think about.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post