SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Rule: Along for the Pride | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Rule: Along for the Pride | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO) Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Very funny and spot-on!

YouTube link: New Rule: Along for the Pride | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
What a bunch of idiots. Identifying with freaks to make themselves feel better about themselves.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Ha! Big Grin

I’m glad I never was much into being trendy.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Nine minutes to essentially tell us that across generations, children have gotten weaker, more childish, more narcissistic, and ultimately more controllable. Sounds plausible given society is devolving around them and the educational system offers them little more than indoctrination into demented liberal ideology.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Yes, but it's related humorously Smile

I think you're missing the bigger messages, here: 1. It's Bill Maher, once (?) a darling of the left, who's lampooning it. 2. He's pointing-out children (and juveniles) will be what they have always been. That's it's the adults doing them a mis-service.

These are good things. As often written here before: This is a win. Can't we just be happy about it?

I know I am.

Related: What’s it like to see the negative side of everything?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
^^^^

I’m convinced some people don’t like to be happy.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
For chrissakes, welcome to the party, Bill. Conservatives have only been warning about this for years. When Dennis Prager was on Bill's show a couple of years ago and said that the left were insisting that men can menstruate, Bill and his audience mocked him because they didn't believe it was happening. Well now here's Bill talking for 9 minutes about this very issue and sounding more like Matt Walsh than Maher from just a few years ago.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Well now here's Bill talking for 9 minutes about this very issue and sounding more like Matt Walsh than Maher from just a few years ago.
Which, I will reiterate, is a good thing, no?

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Yes. It is. His voice will reach those on the left who would otherwise completely ignore or try to shout down someone like Matt Walsh.

And on that note, Matt Walsh's new children's book, Jonny the Walrus which is driving trans activists and leftists crazy, addresses the very things that Maher was discussing in his monologue there.

My girls love the book by the way...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill changed his schtick to take advantage of the changing discourse. Can't believe anyone pays attention to him

Posts: 1404 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Well now here's Bill talking for 9 minutes about this very issue and sounding more like Matt Walsh than Maher from just a few years ago.

Yes. I’ll give the guy one thing…..he bitches at the left and calls them out on their bullshit. And he does it consistently. I’ve heard him go off on the millennials whining, the letter people, the Twattersphere, the Nancy pancy “progressive” left doing or saying stupid shit like defund the police. He routinely slams their asses and the absolute stupidity. And he certainly calls out the woke for what it is, insanity. At least one of their cult is telling some truth. God help us if the ultra progressive morons, such as that bitch AOC were to come into party power. Oh my goodness, Costa Rica would be looking good.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12641 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never underestimate the human need to find identity in groups.

Humans are social species and most need acceptance and affiliation in larger groups, whatever they are. It is the rare human that has an independent mind that is impervious to the group.

And a critical mass of independent minded people are the ones that founded America.

But we are continuously being invaded by people that think in terms of "the collective".

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Never underestimate the human need to find identity in groups.

Humans are social species and most need acceptance and affiliation in larger groups, whatever they are. It is the rare human that has an independent mind that is impervious to the group.

And a critical mass of independent minded people are the ones that founded America.

But we are continuously being invaded by people that think in terms of "the collective".

Eagles don't flock. You have to find them one at a time.

~Ross Perot

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
^^^^

It isn't that. Maher is an opportunist who sees which way the winds are blowing right now and is trying to cash in on it. I don't think Maher believes in anything...short of personal attention and his bank account.
quote:
Ultimately, I don't think it matters one bit. We've seen time and again that liberals will immediately turn away from and even demonize someone they originally liked if that person deviates from the approved orthodoxy. Maher isn't changing any liberal minds or attitudes with any of this.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
^^^^

It isn't that. Maher is an opportunist who sees which way the winds are blowing right now and is trying to cash in on it. I don't think Maher believes in anything...short of personal attention and his bank account.

This. I was one of those who believed Maher back when he started Politically Incorrect. Since then, he's just figured out how to butter his bread.

Posts: 20110 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
^^^^

You have zero clue if that’s right. You’re only guessing at the man’s intentions.

Even if you are correct, his show is watched by millions of young people who listen to him. So him using his platform to push back against the extreme leftist behavior is still a positive thing, regardless of his true intentions.

I feel like a lot of conservatives insist on letting perfect be the enemy of good.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
When praise and acceptance are the rewards, which also happen to be galactically important to the young, of course the result will be more declarations of sexual identity congruent with lgbtq+ The reward is irresistible with a bonus rush of rebellion against established norms. Many who align themselves with lg….. are more emotionally disphoric than sexually disphoric. It’s just kooler to be gay etc. The real harm is when things done are irreversible.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29704 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post