SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Rogan Podcast: Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey v. Journalist Tim Pool
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Rogan Podcast: Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey v. Journalist Tim Pool Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted
Pool is putting the wood to Jack over selective censorship of those who don't buy into certain left-wing ideologies. I look forward to watching/listening from the beginning. Jack was interviewed a few weeks ago by Rogan, and also on Sam Harris' podcast, and received very little pressure, for which they both caught hell. Looks like Pool is doing a much better job.

It's a live stream about 2 hours in, as of 5 PM CST. You can start from the beginning, or catch the podcast later.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZCBRHOg3PQ

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting. I look forward to listening to it tomorrow.

Posts: 10824 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
It's another JRE marathon. I do give credit to Jack for coming on and taking though questions. He didn't ultimately answer some of the questions the way I wanted, but it seems like maybe his mind is relatively open, and Pool stayed on point almost the whole time.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I did not listen to the Rogan's first interview attempt with Jack Dorsey a few weeks ago. I read here and elsewhere that it was pretty poor. Until a few weeks ago, I had never heard of Tim Pool until Rogan interviewed him. I was pretty impressed with Pool. I haven't subscribed to his YouTube channel, but I have watched a few of his videos since.

Posts: 10824 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I watched the first hour and it simply reinforced my opinion of Twitter in general. Twitter is an electronic cesspool that feeds on and promotes the absolute worst in human beings, and by its very existence has damaged society overall.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a lot of podcasts to catch-up on.... Frown

quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I watched the first hour and it simply reinforced my opinion of Twitter in general. Twitter is an electronic cesspool that feeds on and promotes the absolute worst in human beings, and by its very existence has damaged society overall.

Twitter is basically vomit. Spewing forth scrap without any context, background or, circumstances. Basically the perfect platform for 21st Century outrage culture.

Posts: 14691 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I've been watching Tim Pool videos for years. Honestly he will probably end up dead one of these years. He puts himself in incredibly dangerous situations to get the story that others don't tell or are unwilling to tell. He seems like a heck of a journalist from what I recall watching.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Cliff's Notes to judge if you want to give three hours to this. I'll run Rogan's stuff under what else I might be doing at the computer. It took days to get through Rogan/Alec Jones, not sure what the point was but I don't regret experiencing that epic shit show. Anyway --

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDRSaMGULEY

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8364 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
BTT.

Finally got through this show and also the previous one on one with Tim Pool. Worth it if you have the time.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30433 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the Joe Rogan/Tim Pool interview with "Dorsey/Gadde.
The twitter management has a sort of "soft" condescending arrogance and self-righteousness than makes them oblivious to their own bias/bigotry.
As with many in the "Liberal-Leftist bubble", they sincerely believe that they are doing a "good" thing by censoring "hate" and "insults".
But they can't seem to realize that they are defining "hate" and "insults" based on their own predetermined ideology.
Jack Dorsey kept defending on the basis of "creating a platform with the widest possible user-ship", apparently oblivious to the fact that that could also mean "the biggest mob-rule echo chamber that disenfranchises any dissent". ....and is controlled by anonymous foreign powers.
If you say "A man is not a woman", that would automatically be branded as "an insult" and "hate" by those who have already bought-in to transgender ideology. Any dissent, even though MORE SCIENTIFICALLY TRUE, is then stifled. Users deplatformed, banned, statements scrubbed, etc.
The point is that this applies to any ideologically-based use of censorship.
It is EXACTLY what Orwell was warning us about.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post