SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    anyone here Yelp?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone here Yelp? Login/Join 
posted
Do you have a set format that you use ?
over and over again?

how extensive do you get? when you offer your opinion.

do you check yelp prior to trying a new place?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
You REALLY need to read Marzy's Yelp reviews.
Really. Big Grin

KFC
KFC
$ Fast Food, Chicken Wings, Chicken Shop
6113 Hickory Flat Hwy
Canton, GA 30114
1.0 star rating 10/31/2017
2 check-ins
What the fuck?

They have no chicken? You have got to be kidding me! It's 5:00 on Tuesday and you have no chicken!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39753 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
You REALLY need to read Marzy's Yelp reviews.
Really. Big Grin

KFC
KFC
$ Fast Food, Chicken Wings, Chicken Shop
6113 Hickory Flat Hwy
Canton, GA 30114
1.0 star rating 10/31/2017
2 check-ins
What the fuck?

They have no chicken? You have got to be kidding me! It's 5:00 on Tuesday and you have no chicken!
Big Grin HAHAHA!!

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Is this you Bendable?

OT, yes I use Yelp to find places to eat. I review when I'm done, good or bad.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
how's about sending me a link ,plz

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
My wife and I use Yelp. We both were Elite for a time, now just my wife is.

No set format for writing reviews, but we usually include what we ordered, whether or not we were glad we ordered it, and what else looks good on the menu. Even if it's a good restaurant, it's useful to others if you point them in the direction of what they should order. We usually indicate, generally, what we paid for the dishes we ate so that others can decide how much money they'll need to spend.

I usually add lots of pictures.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Do you have a set format that you use ?
over and over again?

how extensive do you get? when you offer your opinion.

do you check yelp prior to trying a new place?

I leave and read a lot of google reviews. I used to look at Yelp a lot online, but now Yelp just wants to force me to install their app, so I don't ever click on it anymore.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I use Yelp before visiting a new business.

I actually read the comments more for the low ratings than the high ratings. Reason being is I want to know if the low ratings are just people bitching or if they're actually legit. And if they have 1 or 2 ratings with no picture and a lot of friends, I don't take their reviews very seriously.

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
how's about sending me a link ,plz

Big Grin

https://www.yelp.com/user_deta...gnlQuoulswa8VAG0RUAQ

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39753 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have two formats.

Glowing 5 star review.

You earned your way to the shit review with no tip zone.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I yelp when someone steps on my foot.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I yelp and do reviews on TripAdvisor too. I just wish there were a way to cut out the bullshit "5 star" reviews by the millennials. Some way to let people review others based on age range. It seems that nobody under 30 wants to leave a negative review anymore and it fucks the true ratings up. Makes the whole point of the customer review process moot Mad

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
I yelp and do reviews on TripAdvisor too. I just wish there were a way to cut out the bullshit "5 star" reviews by the millennials. Some way to let people review others based on age range. It seems that nobody under 30 wants to leave a negative review anymore and it fucks the true ratings up. Makes the whole point of the customer review process moot Mad

This. Recently had to meet a group at a restaurant for a pre-meeting meeting.
Place had close to 1000 reviews and was nearly 5 star. Got there and went to use the restroom. After seeing the restroom and rest of the facility there was no way in hell I was going to order food. In fact passed on the water that was provided.
Place was an absolute train wreck. Can't believe the local food safety folks had not shut it down.
WTF with the 5 star rating and 1000 reviews?

Posts: 1963 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
A few years ago some investigative reporting exposed Yelp for deleting bad reviews and boosting good ones for money from the businesses. Anyone else remember that? I rarely look at Yelp anymore.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used to post reviews but stopped. I got into it with the owner of a BBQ place in SF and it got stupid.

I use the Bookmark feature to store all the places I want to eat at...I'm up to 900+ locations world wide.

Along with the Bookmark feature is it's mapping ability. Look up a place or, types of places and see where you are in relation to all of them.

Reviews I don't bother to read or, utilize. They're amusing to read however, being a user content driven site, the reviews will be skewed to either multi-paragraph angry screeds or, over-the-top glowing reviews. Beware of the review sent in by the restaurant owners friends. The only reviews that are worthwhile is the ones that say the same thing from multiple reviewers....dirty place, cold dishes, shitty service, etc...

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ditched Yelp years ago due to their shady business practices. I liked giving good reviews to local small businesses that deserved a good word but I don’t work for free. I mostly look at bad reviews to see if they’re warranted or if some idiot is complaining that a taco truck doesn’t serve chicken nuggets for their crotch spawn to eat.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
I know of one person that gets compensated to leave reviews. It's a dishonest practice. It is making online reviews worthless.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
You REALLY need to read Marzy's Yelp reviews. Really.

He's brutally honest, isn't he?

This review, of an Italian restaurant where he went for his (or his companion's) birthday, is curious (snippet):

quote:
… Taking your ID from you for "verification" is a VERY bad and risky policy and I would not trust this place not to have sold the information to a "migrant worker" in the back.

What's it to them whether or not it's actually your or your companion's birthday, let alone go anywhere with your ID's? Confused

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I've been asked to change my review after coming back for a second visit at my expense many times.

My reply is always the same to them.

"First impressions are often the standard, you coudn't PAY me to return, the shit review stands".

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I'm distrustful of Yelp, I've seen too many locals propping up a place, leaves me wondering if they're friends/relatives.

When we travel I use TripAdvisor, it's been good most of the time. I leave reviews, truthful reviews.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post