SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apple card management
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple card management Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I'm wondering about the Apple CC and how it gets managed.

I have my checking account. I have a couple of cards for which I receive electronic bills / statements that get sent to my checking account. I send payment electronically to the credit card from my checking account (I like pushing funds from my checking account rather than having the funds get pulled).

I can also use my phone and use the credit card app to check balances, etc. Or on the PC, I can go to their website.

How does one do this with the Apple card?
1) If the account number is not static for life, can I create an electronic billing / payment link from my checking account?

2) I can't see to find an app or a website for the apple cc. Do I just use Wallet? And my apple ID account?

3) If I can't / don't set up a link between my checking account and the apple cc for payments, how does one pay the apple cc bill? Do I pay for the apple cc bill using Wallet and a different card?

Sorry - dumb questions but not sure how this works.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12682 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
On your iPhone-use Wallet to access your Apple Card.

Not on your iPhone: go to https://card.apple.com and login using your Apple ID.

You can link your bank account to make payments from either Wallet or card.apple.com

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I’ll check it out.

ETA: Thanks again. That works and now I know how to manage account settings, check balances and activity and such, both on Wallet and via browser on PC. I can also how to link my checking account to pull funds (on the apple card mgmt side). I'll continue looking to see how I can link my checking account (on the checking account side, not in the apple card mgmt side) so that I can push funds from my checking account to the card (rather than pull funds from my checking account). I want the checking account to the 'host' rather than the apple card account.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12682 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I’ve put out my ful schpiel on Apple Card, but I don’t have time to do it here.

Just sign up in wallet to start your account in minutes. Then start an Apple Cash Card in wallet which you link your checking account to. It is really a cold card that you use to move money around with.

Apple Pay is just an IOS Goldman-Sachs MasterCard. When signing up for Apple Pay, you can request the physical card which has no annual fee AND is made of titanium. I love it be because it has on lumpy my name on it so I have zero anxiety handing it over to someone ringing up a sale not in my presence.

The card number is not seen in the wallet app, but you do have a number which acts as the number. If it gets compromised, you just click in the app for a new number instead of waiting for another card.

I use Apple Pay as often as I can. Rewards aren’t huge, but the are relatively instant.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1159 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Note about applying for the Apple card:

I had a problem, and I'm posting the solution here, in case anyone else encounters the same situation.

I had applied twice and was declined. Reason given was something about "too many late payments."

That was total caca, it has been many, many, years since I have had even one late payment; that was when I was working in Spain, over 40 years ago, there was no internet, and mail was not dependable.

I finally did a little research and found that Goldman Sachs, who issues the Apple card, pulls a credit report from TransUnion. I have a credit freeze on all three major reporting agencies. It turns out that the response from Goldman Sachs was not accurate, the reason that I was declined had nothing to do with late payments, it was because they could not get a report from TransUnion.

All I needed to do was a temporary "un-freeze" in TransUnion and the problem was solved; the Apple card was issued. It does take a bit of time for the un-freeze to take effect; they say to wait fifteen minutes, but to be on the safe side, I waited a few hours.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30539 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
^^^

I'm pretty sure any CC you apply for with a freeze in place will result in declined.

If anyone's having set up, or other issues with their Apple Card, getting a live, English speaking rep on the phone is fairly easy. Or at least is was 6-8 months ago.

I have my card set up for auto pay on the last day of the month from my checking account, and I get an email several days before, advising the amount about to be paid. I then go to my Apple card account and review the items and my choose to pay the card balance instead of the statement balance or a reduced amount if I want to spread it out. I never, in better than 25 years, have chosen the extended payment option. When my bonus dollars are over $200, I transfer it to my bank.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:

I'm pretty sure any CC you apply for with a freeze in place will result in declined.
I'm not questioning that, but what I was bitching and whining about, was Goldman Sach's INCORRECT reason for declining to issue the card. The message received from them said something about "too many late payments," which was clearly a load of horse shit. A proper error message would have indicated that the freeze on credit reporting needed to be temporarily suspended, and would have indicated which agency was used for the credit inquiry.

I spent the last 20 years of my former working life designing software and teaching those skills, with much of that time on systems that HAD to work. Proper error reporting was crucial in those systems; if a problem was encountered it was necessary to provide accurate information so that corrective action could be taken. It was really frustrating when much of the work that we were doing, was farmed out to low-bidding offshore centers, and contract houses in the U.S. that tried to maximize their profits by hiring minimum wage H1-B workers. Quality went down the toilet.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30539 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post