SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bumpersticker: “Rehabilitate a dog, euthanize an Animal Control officer."
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bumpersticker: “Rehabilitate a dog, euthanize an Animal Control officer." Login/Join 
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted
“RIO RANCHO, N.M. (KRQE) - A bumper sticker is meant to grab people's attention, and one created by a Rio Rancho animal rehab group is certainly doing just that. However, some feel their message may not be the nicest.

"Wow," said an Albuquerque man.

Nearly speechless at first, "wow" was the consistent reaction KRQE News 13 got after showing people the bumper sticker.

"That's not right... Euthanize an Animal Control officer," said another man.

The bumper sticker says, "Rehabilitate a dog, euthanize an Animal Control officer."

It's being distributed by the K9 Rehab Institute in Rio Rancho. They do everything from service dog training, to behavioral work and rehabilitation. The institute is even working on a contract with the Village of Corrales to help them with their kennels.

Now, this controversy could potentially put that partnership in jeopardy.

"Yeah, I had a feeling that maybe the [Village] of Corrales wasn't aware."

That person, who has asked to remain anonymous, said they had to alert the village about the stickers the business was selling.

"I think the verbiage is very harsh and inappropriate," that person said, and feels it's sending the wrong message.

"I always want to work with Animal Control to help those animals versus divide Animal Control and rescues."

The owner of the institute said she made the bumper sticker because she claims Rio Rancho Animal Control is unnecessarily putting dogs down.

On Facebook, she said the stickers are some of their best sellers.

The contract between the institute and the Village of Corrales was supposed to be discussed at Wednesday night's village council meeting, but it's since been canceled.

It's unclear if it's because of the bumper sticker issue. KRQE News 13 also reached out to the City of Rio Rancho to see if they wanted to comment on the bumper stickers, but they declined. “

The company Facebook page is “under renovation.”

https://www.krqe.com/news/albu...-officers/1355209032

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
F that. How about euthanize animal abusers and neglecters instead?

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Dumb.

Q

Posts: 26395 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Way to blame the wrong person for the (thankless) job.
The way to solve the problem, give pet owners a choice. Either you get neutered or your pet does. Your choice.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
“Rehabilitate a dog, spay or neuter an Animal Control Officer,” while still not cool would at least be a little funnier.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
F that. How about euthanize animal abusers and neglecters instead?

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post