SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Free browser for iPad Air 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free browser for iPad Air 2 Login/Join 
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted
I don’t like Safari and I have been using the free browser from Puffin. However they will stop supporting it next month so I’m looking for a free replacement. Any suggestions?

Posts: 12186 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Chrome

Posts: 17905 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Chrome is good to go

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I'm curious.....what do you not like about Safari?

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2846 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
I'm curious.....what do you not like about Safari?

I’m curious too. Been using safari for years and not had a problem. You can’t get me within 10 feet of google anything. Especially chrome.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3982 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
On a windows machine, chrome is much better than Firefox or anything IE, or Edge.

On an iPad, safari beats out the competition.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
I use Chrome on the Ipad. It is my favorite mobile browser.

There are a few downsides to using Chrome.
1. Chrome seems to be a battery hog.
2. Anything on your Ipad that opens up a browser will open Safari. Apple will not let you change this.

Posts: 2716 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I use Firefox for 99-44/100% of my use on my Linux machines. Chromium for a very few specific tasks at which it's better-suited, and Chrome for one specific task.

I don't care to share any more with Google that I absolutely must.

On my iThings I use Safari. I have Firefox installed on my iPad, but very rarely use it.

TBH: There's not enough difference in the user experience, from browser-to-browser, to make it all that big a deal, IMO.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Reads Much,
posts little
Picture of RetiredRanger
posted Hide Post
DuckDuckGo also makes a free browser for the IPad.

Just another REMF

Posts: 28 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RetiredRanger:
DuckDuckGo also makes a free browser for the IPad.

I've become a big fan of the Brave browser. It's become my default on all my computers. As their home page declares:

"You are not a product.
Why use a browser that treats you like one? Enjoy private, secure and fast browsing with Brave."

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:

I've become a big fan of the Brave browser. It's become my default on all my computers. As their home page declares:

"You are not a product.
Why use a browser that treats you like one? Enjoy private, secure and fast browsing with Brave."

I also use Brave, no tracking, at least were told that, hopefully it's true.

Posts: 3854 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post