SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Correct Time Source?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Correct Time Source? Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
LOL... In all the years I've had this watch, I don't believe I've once used the alarm feature (I have my iPhone for that), or the stopwatch (again covered by my iPhone), and very, VERY rarely the backlight feature! I bought it solely for the purpose of ACCURATE timekeeping without the need for battery replacement or winding or any of that stuff. Just keep it in the light if I'm not wearing it and it is happy, and I am happy!

One time I accidentally left it in a drawer for about 2 months while I was moving, so of course without light it went into a very deep sleep and all functions ceased, but within minutes of being exposed to bright light it woke up, the analog hands swept to the correct time, the digital display was correct, and it was ready to go! It did need quite a few hours of strong sunlight to bring it back to full charge, but that was easy enough... Wink

Posts: 4588 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
The US Naval Observatory Master Clock is what we used for a time standard when I was in the military.

The time from the GPS signals is slightly off from that standard. I have noticed there is often a slight discrepancy in other clocks, including mobile phones. Since I'm no longer worried about flying several hours and meeting a tanker, or other assets +/- 30 seconds, I don't worry about the various discrepancies with the US Naval Observatory Master Clock. Now I just make sure everyone I'm working with locally is synchronized to the same standard, no matter what it is.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post