SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A card carrying Greatest Gen
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A card carrying Greatest Gen Login/Join 
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
That is a Greatest Generation resume to be proud of, revered and respected. God bless and embrace his soul. Sincere condolences to you M-11.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for you & your pa. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Reading your post put a lump in my throat, what a man, father & grandfather your pa must have been.

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
My condolences. There aren't too many of that fine generation left.

Posts: 4057 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace brave one.

Posts: 785 | Location: Eastern Ma. | Registered: November 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nothing can be Something
Picture of greybeard9
posted Hide Post
My condolences to you and your family.

"In the age of madness, to expect to be untouched by madness is a form of madness." - Saul Bellow

Posts: 1063 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss. My Dad passed in 2004 after surviving the D-Day invasion, a 40+ year career at North American Aviation and raising 4 boys. He was the greatest man I knew; your Dad sounds a lot like mine.

aileron

Posts: 1492 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Sorry you lost your Dad M-11. My condolences.

Sounds like he was a bona fide Greatest Generation member!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3870 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was a beautiful, heartfelt eulogy. Cherish the memories and make damned sure your kids and their kids know the story of the man they called GrandPa.
I'm sorry for your loss.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Although the pain of his passing is real, your father had a good life to age 97 and was an exceptional man, at that. You have every right to be proud of him, and I pray that your memories will sustain you during the grieving period. RIP, indeed.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All our prayers and condolences during this time and as you move forward. Cherish the memories.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1548 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My deepest sympathy on the passing of your father.

Posts: 418 | Location: Near Dallas, TX | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss M-11. May he RIP.

Posts: 1161 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
My condolences to your family.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss. My you find peace and comfort in the memories of your father.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4945 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
My condolences to you and your family.
Was your father in 2nd Calvary Unit? Motto-- Toujour Pret? My father was in that unit which was a recon tank unit attached to Patton.

Posts: 11155 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like he lived a great life - RIP. I am sure you will cherish the memories for many years to come.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
My condolences on your loss

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8760 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. I'd be interested to know what TD unit he was with, if you have any idea. My grandfather was with the 807th, hence my avatar.

Posts: 3678 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20023 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post